Thursday, December 3, 2009

yep he's 30


Happy Birthday to Ryan, it was his golden birthday this year he turned 30 on the 30th. Yah, he wasn't as excited about that as much as I thought he should be. I think we did a decent job of celebrating this year, since he doesn't much care for any of it. We had a little get together with a few friends where we at least acknowledged his birthday. Then on Sunday we went to his parents in Taber, for a birthday dinner and all that. We couldn't decide if we should go or not so we opted to get up at 5:30am and head down. If you know Ryan that's not to crazy he is such an early riser & it does not faze him. We just wanted to make the most of the day, so we were perfect timing for the birthday breakfast. On Monday he got home and Sadie made a little treasure hunt for him, it was really fun for the both of them. Sadie stopped halfway through and said " having fun dad?" She kept saying "I show you the next clue" The treasure at the end was cute and cheesy 30 little pics of Sadie & Dad with 30 reasons she loves her dad. here are the little pics.

But what Sadie really wanted was the cake. I had cake pops already made, & knew the 3 of us didn't need a big cake. It worked. I think it's so funny how excited Sadie is about birthdays she is all about the cake, although the anticipation and excitement seems like half the fun.


Sadie went outside in the snow and loved it. It really is quite fun to see how excited kids get about seeing the snow fall outside. I was totally that kid when it started snowing during school I remember peering out the window so excited like I'd never seen snow before. I'd be lying if I didn't say I still think it's a little magical and exciting I just also think of driving and the freezing temps for the next 5 months and you know I guess I have some grown up in me.

10 comments:

Dorienne said...

I love the shot of Sadie looking up at her daddy. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Em and Tom said...

Hey it is Jamesons "GOLDEN BIRTHDAY" on the 5th! He has known about it all year. Unlike Ryan Jay seems to think it makes him Royalty. I just got back from the store buying everything "Gold" that I could find. I like your treasure hunt idea. It was SWEET! loveya

Ashley Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! What fun little things to do. I like the Cake Pop idea!

The Coopers said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!

sounds like you guys are doing well. Your little girl is adorable and congrats to the one on the way!!
Thats exciting, 2 is quite a change.

Jeremy says hi by the way!

LindsayB said...

well, this is the year of treasure hunts! but really, how cute and fun are you?! happy birthday ryan.

McCandless Co. said...

What a cute idea for a birthday, I love the cake pops and the treasure hunt and the 30 reasons....you are too cute! What a little cutie that Sadie is!

Just Rhonda said...

Super cute pictures!!! Sounds like a GREAT birthday for Ryan!

Jaime said...

You really are the funnest mom!
Happy Birthday to Ryan.

Alysha Sladek said...

happy golden birthday ryan. sorry to miss out on the festivities. hope you all had a great day!
love the cake pops... sooooo yummy! and the photo thing is such a great idea

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Your cake pops look really cute and yummy!

I did a treasure hunt for Brett's 30th too. Just to take things over the top cause he thinks B-days are no biggy too.