Saturday, January 10, 2009

the LOOK

All parents are supposed to develop a 'look,' the one that you instantly shoot at your kid that can single them out in a crowd of a million. As soon as you hear them, see them, or sense them doing something they shouldn't. Your parent instincts kick in and you know just what you need to do. I haven't developed my 'look' yet. Yikes! Don't get me wrong she gets into things that she shouldn't and the words "no no Sadie" frequently come out of my mouth. But, so far I have neglected the 'look.' Until now, after Sadie's recent looks have been coming out she has prompted me to develop my own ' mom look.' This little girl cannot just throw these looks out & expect to get her way (although I think she could still work Ryan over pretty easy).
I sound like a really meany mom now. Really I know she can still get away with some stuff, I just can't let her know it, right?




Who is the crazy now? I don't know if I mentioned before the kind of sleeper Sadie is... (sense the sarcasm please) Basically it turns out she doesn't need a lot of it. She gets up wicked early. I don't mind getting up early but seriously its winter and NOTHING is happening that can't wait a few more hours. We usually wake up to cold, dark, dreary nothingness outside.

The other day crazy me got up with her lazed around (mostly me) ate breakfast, cleaned it up, got her dressed, and I showered & then we headed out to see the sun rise. PATHETIC, really! I guess I'm trying to make the most of it, sort of.


I should have some pretty productive days since they start so early. Unfortunately some days I spend too much of it wondering if and when she will go for a nap...

14 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

GREAT photos Sus!!!!!!

Jaime said...

She looks so sassy in that first picture, its cute, I love it!

Alysha Sladek said...

oh my what a sassy look!! ahahhahahah love it! maybe that's what i should start doing when the kids get up so stinkin' early, but i'm too lazy!

The Bullknitter said...

I love the pink toque and the sunrise pics. She is a rather adorable little girl.

Carla McDaniel said...

Susie, she is adorable in those pics. And don't worry about lingering through the day and wondering when she is gonna take a nap. Spend all the time with her, being at home with her, because before you know it, she'll be all grown up and keeping you even busier than now.

Brittany said...

i don't think that I could say no to that cute face...give me a call on one of those early mornings cause we are usually up with Lucy!!! wouldn't 8 just be heavenly okay who are we kidding 7!

LindsayB said...

i know! i hear ya, i feel the same way about derek. it's just sooo early! i just hate it when the alarm goes off at 7 in the morning, or 5:45 when he plays bball and interupts my sleep for a few minutes. totally sucks. ok, i shouldn't joke because it's your real life and that is just way to early to even comprehend.

CGibb said...

Oh man Susie... that is so early. What time do you go to bed? I'd probable have to go to bed at like 9 every night if I had to get up that early. At least you can be optimistic about it. And at least you have such an adorable little girl to play with.

CGibb said...

Maybe she's just trying to get up in enough time to see her Daddy before he leaves?

Ashley Dawn said...

What beautiful photos. Good luck with the sleeping!! I wish I could help... Enjoy the sunrises though, they DO look beautiful.

Jacklyn said...

You guys all have such good photography eyes. I love the pic's but I am not loving that you are up early enough to see them ahhh that is ctazy. Just hang in there Luke was an awful sleeper your next will be a jem, not that Sadies not the cutest thing ever but come on sleep child! Do you ever let her cry it out!

houseofhud said...

Who's the little photographer?!? Maybe you should take our next family photo for us!!! Sadie's "looks" are so funny. You totally expresses herself well with her looks because she can't use words yet!!! Have I mentioned how cute Sadie is?

Candice said...

Susie, your little girl is darling & I LOVE the "look". You must have some kind of special look, she had to learn that from someone. LOL.

Amelia said...

Susie! These are the CUTEST pictures. And that Sunrise picture is GORGEOUS! She sure does have the look down. I can't believe how big she is! I still picture her as the little Sadie baby we knew up here in E-town! Come visit again soon! I have 2 little tikes I want to introduce you to! :)