Monday, January 5, 2009

We loved the Holidays

We are all back and getting into our old routine (I hope). After being away I realized a few things.
No matter what time Sadie goes to bed she will ALWAYS be the first one up. I guess some kids can just get by on less sleep.
Many others will sadly attest that she is hands down the loudest screamer/crier ( I think my dad said decibels per kilo she wins hands down). Any challengers??
It is a good thing that we think she is also the cutest little girl ever!!
Really, I will probably forget all the rough times and just remember this adorable girl. I think that is the only way my mom had six kids.


Being the only grand kid in Ryan's family has some serious perks. SPOILED!

It is true that toys keep getting fancier, bigger, better, more expensive, but at the end of they day Sadie is thrilled to play with a box. (Ryan too!)

Christmas pyjama photos are a must... but why does it seem that the timing is always such that my child is the one crying. Thank you Alli, Sadie is not alone, but definitely more expressive.

She will fight/scream to stand her ground even if she is the smallest kid. Her biggest challenger is probably James. Fortunately they do get along quite well at times and she has learned a thing or two from him. James will give her hugs but she has learned not to always trust him. He came up to her said "sooorry" and then proceeded to take her toy.

Watching movie trailers with Grandpa or anyone NEVER gets old.

When its -30 the best time spent outside... is in the hot tub.

Rhonda made me the cutest apron and a matching one for Sadie. I love it! So here goes one of my new goals for the year is I want to learn to love to cook .... or at least do it better.

Lastly, it really is best to have Ryan around for the holidays we missed him when we played and he worked.
I loved our holidays, but have never been so ready to be back home.

8 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

CUTE picture of Sadie in the apron!! I wanted to take a picture of the two of your in your aprons but forgot too! Some time soon!
And would EASILY agree that Sadie wins for loudest screamer!!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

cute cute cute!!! she's adorable! love the apron... nice job rhonda! you need a pic of the 2 of you in them.

LindsayB said...

even if she weighed another 10 pounds she's still wins decibels per kilogram. come on, set the timer and take a pic of you and sadie in the aprons. miss you already.

Jess said...

Totally cute pics Susan. Love the apron. What a great idea.
Sounds like Sadie is going to be a singer with her talented loud voice!!!

Jacklyn said...

you know when Luke drops to the ground outside the Target parking lot and just lays there when my arms are full I just think ohh it's lucky you have a mother who will love you no matter what. And she is the cutest thing ever (I bet even her scream is cute)

DeAnna said...

So cute!! Your little girl is adorable. I have one of those screamer's, my 3 yr old son..lol. I swear my ear drums might break every time he lets one out.

melissa said...

That little Sadie is so cute, and I've never heard her scream, so I'm sticking to the cute thing! I heart your family. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)

Ashley Dawn said...

It's amazing how fun Christmas is, but how ready we are to have it done. Sounds like you had a great one. So jealous of the hot tub. Hope that schedule kicks in.... we're still working on it.