Tuesday, July 14, 2009

what a whirlwind


It was a bittersweet day when we packed all our suitcases and left the city we love and came back home. We couldn't be happier to be back home, despite the crummy weather, minor fender bender, and yard full of weeds.
Ryan's last day of work. Pretty sweet view of the city from his building.

Sadie with one of our doormen. She loved them & they loved here. They always said hello, high fived, shook her hand when she came and went, oh and always opened the door for us.


I think we kept it together pretty good on our travel day. It was a freaking long day and we were all troopers and survived. Ryan doesn't look one bit exhausted?
I was not kidding about the weeds, they were BRUTAL and Unbelievable. It's lucky we didn't have a complaint, I guess we just earned the white trash title in the neighborhood. Honestly you really had to see it to know, or I should say you really had to pull them to know how bad it really was. This deserves husband bragging. Ryan did most of the work, I can't believe how fast he had the job done, it was ridiculous how big they were.

We came home to Canada just in time to celebrate Canada Day. So we were of course down in Raymond celebrating with family & friends.


Sadie who had been cousin starved for the last few months was rearing to go and got her fill of all of them. She did not stop the first day we got to my parents, honestly we were beat and she kept going, and going.


More cousin time in the tub

It was so fun keeping up with these two, most of the time.
Where is the hot summer days of Popsicles and sprinkles and backyard pools? We NEED you.


I stayed down in Raymond all so I could have a girls night with some of my favs. These girls are my true original GNO girls and I am so glad we are still doing it. It was soo worth it staying up way too late, and trying to function the next day. Isn't that what a girls night is all about? That is how you define a good girls night and a really good girls night. Thanks for the memos ladies.


I love that we forced Sadie to go to the Stampede. When we got back to Calgary she was a little sick, if you can't see. The Stampede only comes once a year and Ryan got 'free tickets' so you see we HAD to go. In hind sight I wish we would've passed on the 'free' Stampede tickets (it turned out they cost us much more than they were worth). We would've avoided the annoying Calgary traffic, missed hearing some choice words from Ryan, we'd be a few dollars richer and no car repairs on our car or the taxi we rear ended. (For those wondering Ryan was driver at the time.)
It wouldn't be a night at my parents if my Dad didn't take a turn calming and snuggling Sadie back to sleep.

8 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

it's so nice having you back!!! what an awesome experience to have shared together. :)

Mindi said...

Um, it must've been a whirlwind, there's no post here!!

Christal said...

That is an understatement haha!! Excited for the post! and it was so fun to actually meet you in real!! ttys

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I cannot get over your backyard!!!

Welcome back though!

Alysha Sladek said...

oh my goodness those weeds are hilarious!!! glad you survived the trip and i'm glad you're finally back :)

Erin said...

Oh I'm sad to lose you. I'm also sorry we couldn't get together more often while you were here. I will never forget our perfect day in Central park though. Hopefully we'll cross paths with you up in Canada some day soon. Glad you're back and settled! P.S. the weeds picture made me laugh out loud! HA!

your New York/Canadian friend,

Erin
xo

Mindi said...

Wow, now those are weeds! You should've asked Ian to take care of your yard while you were gone!

LindsayB said...

ok sadie's stampede shirt is pretty much to DIE for even though she looks a little spent. try having weeds almost that high in a backyard 17 times that size, i'll beat you in the husband brag.