Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry New Year

I'm not even going to try and pretend to catch up on the last few weeks. They have been filled with fun, excitement, family, food, and all that good stuff. It is good to get back to our own house and boring normal routine, I guess.
Mostly for my memory I am adding a few events/highlights from the Christmas season including the good and not so good for Sadie. It really is a totally different experience having a kid that gets excited for Christmas, and I was the one responsible for making it happen. So the family traditions begin.
  • writing and sending letter to Santa
  • getting the live video of Santa (isn't this techno stuff amazing)
  • making sugar cookies (10 mins is enough) eating was better
  • seeing Santa AND getting a treat = success
  • Decorating gingerbread houses twice, still good.
  • going to mom's to make chocolates, it was worth it but I still can't stop eating them
  • kids dough art ornaments, painting was a hit.
  • playing outside in the snow, again only for 10 mins - Sadie is a cold wimp for sure
  • chocolate countdown
  • Elfie & Santa watching Sadie
  • zoo lights I was way excited for this, but in my opinion it is so not worth it, freezing cold screaming kid means is the very definition of not worth it.
  • trying to take Sadie sledding just tried today with Allaina & her kids. Sadie was screaming before we even made it to the hill. Winter outdoor activities aren't looking so good.
  • even suprised Ryan with a boring present, but still he was suprised. & he suprised and spoiled me too
Now really just a whole wack of pictures & I didn't slim down too much & in no good order
making sugar cookies
my dad loves his iphone and apparently the kids do too, okay me too if it is keeping the kids entertained.
Christmas Eve pj's

late christmas eve nap

Girls Night Out
Festive Christmas Party - if you can't tell I am Suzy Snowflake, Ryan is Jackfrost & Sadie is cute, I mean a snow princess


There ya have it, Christmas 09 and now onto the new decade 2010.

11 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

hooray a new post!! i love your costumes! those are awesome and yes sadie is super cute!!!

Mindi said...

I ALWAYS miss out on the girls weekend! Bah! Next year ladies... next year is my turn to come north!

Jacklyn said...

I love that we are all like intimidated by the mass of pics that we have so it's like ok here they are now let's move on. But so worth it, I love Sadies dress, I love the girls night pic (tear) and I love all the pics with cousins...sooo cute

Jaime said...

Christmas looked so fun for you guys too! I love that the older the kids get, the more fun Christmas gets for everyone!
You look so cute, you can barely tell you have a little belly. Hope you are feeling well!

houseofhud said...

Love the Suzy Snowflake outfit. Where did you wear those to?

Carla McDaniel said...

the aprons the girls had on are so darn cute. glad you had a great holiday and starting some traditions. that's always the fun part.
BTW - Love the Susie Snowflake outfit too!!!!

Just Rhonda said...

Great post!! You should send me some of the pictures from Christmas. I didn't take that many at mom and dads (or any)

Jess said...

I love the dress up holiday party. That is such a fun idea. Sadies dress is totally cute.

The Coopers said...

Cute festive holiday party costumes! You guys look great!

LindsayB said...

ahh susie snowflake. i can't believe mom or dad didn't comment on that. good pics. maybe i should do a real post of christmas. i'm still so lame these days.

LindsayB said...

also, ryan looks pretty rico in that first pic with no tie on.