Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 8

A place you have travelled

If you have been following my blog for awhile you would know that we got to live in New York City a while back. It really was the most amazing time for our family. I didn't really know what to expect when we moved there and I don't think you can really prepare or know until you go yourself and see, feel it, taste it. I honestly CRAVE that city. If it made sense there is a big part of me that would absolutely and totally LOVE to live there. I know I was only there for a short time so it's not totally legit for me to say that. BUT I am telling you there is something about it that, just draws you back and even though there is some sacrifices to live in that city, it is so worth it.
There is so much to see and do, so much history, so many people. Just thinking about New York makes me come alive and I get excited to go back.

Ryan & I both loved the city, so I know that we will go back. I also promised Sadie I would take her back when she would remember it. We all know that every good parent keeps promises that they make to their 18 month old right? Wouldn't that be the best thing ever to surprise her with on her 18th birthday? I think so.

I made Sadie her own ABC's of New York Book. Now she can act like she remembers living there. I do have to say she was a great toddler to be there with, she was awesome, cause lets face it that is not an easy city to raise kids in! It pretty much cured her poor sleeping habits, but unfortunately maybe the cause of her poor eating habits.






7 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

What a great book. I should tell Jason to make Bridgey one. And maybe one for me too.

I love that city too. I haven't lived there, but I do have a deep love for it.

Just Rhonda said...

yep still so cool that you lived there!!

whitney said...

I totally want to see that cute book!

Alysha Sladek said...

i love your book idea. it turned out so cute!! yes good promise too ;)
i'd LOOOVE to go there. so sad I didn't make it to see you. let's go together ;)

LindsayB said...

i NEED to go back there.

Kate said...

I am totally going to copy that book! Although it wouldn't be as cool to do the ABCs of New Jersey so we'll just have to go into the city more often for the pics.

kjerstina said...

I am leaving the same comment as everyone else... What a great idea for a book! I better start snapping photos.

Your girls are so beautiful. I love stalking your blog! Merry Christmas!