Sunday, May 25, 2008

why not?

Life continues to be crazy and fun for us wherever we go. I say that because despite all the excitement of moving to a new home we have not spent many days or nights here. Soon enough. After we got back from Mexico Ryan was in Edmonton for a few days (doing some work and probably more golf) When he came back we took off for the long weekend which really means nothing to us these days as weekends and weekdays are all the same (which is the greatest).

We visited my parents for a bit, where Sadies schedule continued to be nonexistent catch a nap whenever she could (usually in the vehicle) go to bed only when she wanted even though I did try. Why go to bed when she could stay up and play with Granny and Grandpa who just push the limits in the best ways possible. We went up to Waterton where it was the best long weekend I've seen in a long time. Hiked up good ol Bears Hump, wish I could do that everyday an enjoyable workout. Then headed out to Ryans parents where she was again spoiled and adored by more family, and Ryan enjoyed some more golf.

Then we decided to go visit some friends in Utah. It was all very rushed but we made it to the airport with a whole 6 minutes to spare! Had fun playing down there, relaxing, Ryan golfing, me a little shopping, eating yummy food, and even went to Temple Square. We flew standby so we barely made it home Saturday night. Anyway we will continue to get set up here for a few days and then one last horrah before we are back to the real world for good.
Well there is the run down and here are the photos to follow



This was the only way down it was funny to watch. Ryan was trying to be so careful, I laugh but what a good daddy.


Forget the milk mustache... this is Granny teaching Sadie to drink from a sippy cup

on top of the conference center

Yes we all know it but, this place is seriously huge, cool to see it empty


these 2 were a love & hate. This little girl could make Sadie scream or smile in about 2 seconds, Here they are hugging and still smiling.

Can you believe she is already 8 months?

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Looks like fun! I bet you are so happy to have Ryan around more now that exams are done. Sadie is so cute-I can't believe she is 8 months old. Couple more months and she will be 1-hard to believe!

Alysha Sladek said...

so that's why you've been MIA. sounds like fun. hopefully you're around when we come down. looks like we'll be neighbors for about a week ;) funny - i was just thinking today that saide is 8 months. man does time ever fly!!

Oler Family said...

I can't believe that Sadie is 8 months alrady! Where has the time gone? I love that Ryan slid down on his bum to protect his little princess, and wow she looks alot like Ryan in that picture with the milk mustache! Not because of the milk mustache of course!!

Brandy said...

susie... you're livin la vita loca... i don't know if that's how you spell it... but sounds fun!! mine as well enjoy your time with ryan and sadie while you can!

whitney said...

She is so big! Sounds like you guys are having way too much fun. But I guess you deserve it after those long years of school. But I won't pretend I'm not jealous! I'm counting down until I can head down to the lake and just relax in the sun!

Just Rhonda said...

awww cute pictures! Especially love that last one!
Since real life starting for Ryan and you soon - maybe we should have a day trip and meet at Ikea or something??

Jess said...

Now I am really jealous you got to go somewhere warm and then the mountains. You are one lucky girl. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I definitely miss the mountains here in flat Manitoba!

Sarah Shaw said...

i remember that cursed bears hump! I got all sick climbing that when I was l10 or so. What do they call that when you aren't adjusting to elevation? I felt like such a wimp you Steeds make some things look so easy!