Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Decking the halls

The Christmas tunes are pumping at our house now. I know Ryan is against the tree going up before December 1st, (because he's birthday is the 30th, & he can't mix the 2 holidays). But since I'm the one home all day and I lugged the whole thing out alone, I decided it was up to me. Also I just didn't mention/ask him, so he couldn't do anything about it once it was up. Ok he is not really a grinch. He has always had a million other things on his mind around Christmas and this year is the same. He is BUSY, he just started his Bar admissions course which lasts till May on top of his regular work. Sometimes I find myself complaining for him. He tries to have a good attitude about it all. It's life right.
Lindsay requested to see my tree, so here it is I love it My 1st tree ever!
Just so ya know, it is better in person, and trust me I'll make it worth your while, some hot chocolate and cookies too. So come on over.Love this little nativity Sadie can play with.

Anyways I am excited to have my house feeling all Christmasy. Which has all got me thinking about the whole season. There is soooo much that happens around this time of year, service, celebration of Christ's birth, chocolate, cookies, baking, the food is endless, parties, friends families, cards, gifts, Santa, elves, caroling, snow, tradtions, and more. I love it all, and want to do it all too!
Since I'm starting to think of us more as a family I was thinking about traditions. Things that we will do some old some new.
A few I have been thinking of
see the nativity
Secret Santa another family (remember pixies)
limit our gifts (I've been thinking lots about this one)
a trip to the zoo lights
and of course just more of the little things that are so fun.

What does everybody else do?
My family is classic the pyjamas just can't die year after year my mom can't not have them for everybody Christmas Eve.
A few years a ago.. obviously

On Oprah today she Did not have her Favorite things this year. Instead, it was all about being thrifty, which in turn means gifts from the heart. It is so true these gifts mean way more and become the ones that we treasure. As cool as the new iphone, or those diamond earrings would be. You can go to oprah.com and get download some of her favorite Christmas songs.

I tried to take Sadies picture by the tree and it wasn't happening & then I got this great idea in my head & it is much better in my head. Here is the game who do you spy in the ornament?
Again confirming my rookie photography skills, I may try this again.

11 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

i love the christmas tree...looks nice and very festive. i just got ours up tonight and had the christmas tunes pumping at our house too. maybe i'll post some pics of it tomorrow.

Jaime said...

My rule has always been Dec.1 too, and I have always made Casey stick to it. Well this year I wanted to put everything up earlier, and he is making me stick to my own rule!! Hence, I am very jealous of your Christmas decorations-everything looks great. Hopefully we can get together with you sometime next month-we'd love to see you guys!

Melissa said...

I love that you have Christmas already up. I'm with Ryan no Christmas at my house until Dec.1st. And mostly because thanksgiving down here is so late. I love the p.j. tradition, it's been around forever in our family too.

Anonymous said...

I love Sadie's little tights. I'm a littled jealous because we had this great full tree last year that fit perfectly in our apartment, but this year I seriously don't know where I'll put in our place now- there's maybe one little corner which means I have to get a tiny tree. My tree's not up until easy rock is playing Christmas music.
Brooke

Jordana said...

Wow, that's a pretty nice first tree, our first tree was 2 feet tall and had homemade decorations on it. I'm like you I want to start celebrating now, but Gibb actually is kind of a grinch and thinks we shouldn't put the tree up until Dec. 15, crazy!! I can't wait to start all the fun traditions and festivities.

KellyLady said...

Great job decorating! Looking very festive and fun!

Ashley Dawn said...

Yay, Christmas!! That tree looks great and I'd love to see it in real life. Maybe I'll drop by during the Christmas break?? My family still does the Jammies too. I LOVE that tradition. It's always followed with a modeling procession and a photo shoot. (It's quite the ordeal) Gotta love the traditions. Keep them up!!

LindsayB said...

great lookin tree, i should come see it in person and take you up on the cookies. soooo...derek would die if he saw his hair in both those pictures. we must have been straight out of the hot tub as usual and he jazzed up his hair for the picture to make me mad or something, uh classic derek. i suppose i'll put up a tree, and i'll most likely put it up again and again with my child around!

houseofhud said...

The tree looks good. I want to come see it in person!! I could totally see Sadie and you in the ornaments!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

i like your tree! looks good. cute idea to take a picture of you and sadie in the ornament! hopefully i`ll get to see you this holiday!

dlolsen said...

Susie, glad you found our blog! Good work on the Christmas decorations, I also used to be against putting anything up before Dec. 1 (I think mostly to cause trouble) but we are getting our stuff out and doing the tree tonight. You will be our inspiration.