Wednesday, November 19, 2008

step it up

So I've been slacking & its time to get going again. Lately everything has been sporadic. I have only been making dinner like twice a week, exercing maybe that much, cleaning when I feel like it, you know. Now I am ready to be motivated and get in the swing of things.
It all just comes down to me, no one is ever going to make sure I get "it" all done everyday or every week or whatever. So starting with the workouts I want to get my butt in gear & in shape. I have been tossing around different ways to do this and debated 1. getting up before Ryan and going for a run all by myself- then I took note of the time he left & knew that it was not possible seriously 5 am 2. working out in the evenings via workout video (gets old) 3. go to an aerobics class at the church with babysitting (Sadie fails they won't keep a crying baby ugh) 4. go running outside with Sadie in stroller -seriously I'm Canadian and I do like being outside so the fresh air will do us both good. Although it is fun to come up with excuses, and I never run out, I really am going to try to just do it.


Other good news I WON! I was so excited when I found out I won a pair of these cute little shoes. I'm not one to go crazy and enter into the bazillion giveaways happening in the blogging world. But I am glad Melissa posted on her blog that Simple Finds had a giveaway. So I entered once and WON. I know rub it in. They just came in the mail, & I LOVE them. So now I have record I can never say, I never win anything.

On another note I am pretty lucky everyday.

Lucky me.....
  • gets to dress Sadie everyday, I love this part of my day she is still pretty fun to dress (as if I thought it would get old) - it is funny how long she can wear the same clothes because she isn't growing tons and she is just tiny. I moved her out of 3-6 months stuff but she could still wear some.
  • gets to take Sadie out and not to brag or anything but I get to hear how cute she is. Again her compliments don't get old. Love em even from complete strangers
  • gets to watch Sadie rock out and dance to music daily, of course I can't resist & join in singing and dancing, (making a fool of myself). She loves music right now
  • gets satisfaction from getting all the laundry and ironing done on laundry day- Monday
  • makes supper for one on most nights.(hint of sarcasm)
  • gets to chase Sadie around YEP she is officially walking. Its funny to watch her move like a little robot.
  • lucky Ryan got to see Sadie this morning becuase she woke up at 5:30 and wouldn't go back to bed. Ryan thought it was awesome, becuase he usually kisses her goodnight on Sunday and sees her Friday night. thankfully this is not the norm
the pantry a new favorite hangout.
I've done more video lately than pics so here is a few clips. I totally put the video together then was like Laugh, dance, walk. Its like Ellen only her big thing was laugh dance vote. I'm totally making shirts ha ha. Sadie is totally walking now, this clip is from a couple weeks ago. I think my favorite it how excited we or I sound cheering, then Ryan is total pride when he says "shes all over that baby." like walking is the newest sport & she WILL be #1. Ah kids its like a whole new world, and a whole new person they can bring out in ya.

15 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

getting motivated is half the battle. it happens to all of us when we feel we are slacking. you are not alone!!

whitney said...

So jealous about the shoes! But congrats. Did you type that right - she just grew out of 3-6 month clothes!? Finn is almost out of 3-6 month one pieces, pants and onsies shoud fit for another couple months. He isn't even three months yet.
I hear you on the motivation thing!

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if Sadie was walking, well guess I got my answer. Pretty cute. Just need to put a hoola hoop around that girl when she dances.
Brooke

Jaime said...

That video is so, so cute, I love the dancing! Yay for walking! It just opens up a whole new world, doesn't it?

LindsayB said...

i can't stop laughing at ryan, oh goodness. sadie is totally growing up. so cute when she's cracking up laughing, i've never seen her dance like that, and your woohoohoo followed by ryan's comment pretty much made me day (ok, maybe someone else moping my floor made my day) apparently my day was pretty slow, but i can't stop laughing at you nerds! yay for walking!

LindsayB said...

i just watched the video again, still funny. and i can't believe you got the ali shoes, CURSE!

CGibb said...

You are very brave. When I turn on the TV and see the temperature is below -10 I just can't talk myself into going out in it. The video of Sadie is SO cute. It's so adorable to see them learn to walk. And the dancing... love it.

Jacklyn said...

Luke made me watch your video like 5 times he loved when she was laughing...tooo cute

houseofhud said...

My kids have played with that same toy WITH Sadie and have never gotten that reaction out of her!!! Sadie is always the cutest dressed kid I know. Not even kidding...she's got style! Oh...and she is SOOOOO cute (I know you wanted to hear that!) when she walks. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the waddle! You need to put her chicken costume back on and take a video of her waddling!!!!!

Ashley Dawn said...

awww, she's getting SO big. What a cute video. When I was reading the beginning of your blog I was totally thinking, "okay, did I write this". I know how you're feeling. I clued in that it wasn't me when you said that you were going to do it. I haven't reached that level yet. I need to get in gear though.

Alysha Sladek said...

yay for walking!!! that's so exciting. and i love her dancing! as if that isn't the cutest thing ever. nice job on the shoes. i've never won anything, so i'm super happy for you!!1=

Brittany said...

Too bad we couldn't be together to motivate each other. I would take sadie outside just so I could see how cute she was all bundled up!! such a cute video...I need to learn how I put mine on my computer

Just Rhonda said...

i think motivation is the hardest thing about being a stay at home mom!!!! yea for Sadie walking!!

Jess said...

I think motivation is a day to day thing when you are at home everyday with the kids.
It sounds like you are doing awesome.

melissa said...

I don't know how I missed this video but it just made me laugh to tears! She is so dang cute!