Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

HAPPY HALLOWEENfrom the cutest little chick

Okay please tell me I'm not the only one that had chocolate before 11:00 today. It's all in the spirit of the season. The bad thing is we still have way too much candy in our house we got less trick or treaters than anticipated and Sadie got way more than we anticipated. I have a bad idea of where most of it will be going. But I'm ok with it.

I had my doubts with Sadie coming in to Halloween. Of course I tried her costume on before the big day (okay 3 different times) and she hated each time as much as before. After I took it off she would try to toss it far away from her. I thought she genuinely hated me forcing her to put on a big fluffy yellow suit and velcro on a big head on top of her. I didn't get it, why didn't she share my same excitement about dressing up after all I really just wanted to show her off.
Well don't worry I won & I feel like a have a crazy amount of pictures to prove it.

I took her out pre Halloween, it was so nice out early this week. We went down to a park clearly just for pictures, I know this won't happen every year but it was fun for now.


Then we went & met Ryan out the mall and he took her around. There were loads of kids there running around, Sadie was entertained by them all. She got 2 candies and just held on tight to them.
I feel like we are greedy (Sadie can not eat all the candy she got) but I took her around our neighborhood anyway. A couple of excuses/reasons I wanted to meet a few more of our neighbours ( i know you're all thinking yah right) and it was seriously too nice she didn't even wear a coat how great is that. Ok I do like chocolate and candy too. And like I said we have way too much.
I seriously took way too many pictures of the event but I guess its cause I just thought she was so dang cute. So here are a couple more I thought if I combined them it doesn't seem so crazy overload. Also a BIG shout out to my sister Lindsay who we got the costume from. Thank you, thank you we loved it and everyone else thought she was pretty cute too (which is what we're going for right?!)



She gets tons of sweet treats and she is trying to figure out a way to eat the playdough.
Hope you all had a great halloween!!
I think next year I'll have to get into it and dress up myself too. Oh yeah, I'm gonna be one of those moms.

11 comments:

Oler Family said...

What a cute costume! She is so cute! I love the picture of her in the witch picture! I know what you mean about wanting to meet your neighbors..it's the perfect opportunity to see who you are living around and what the inside of their house looks like too!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

That costume is way too cute.

Brittany said...

okay I totally died laughing cause I think I enjoy dressing the girls up a whole lot more than they do...Sadie looked so cute and one day she will thank you for all of the cute pictures.

LindsayB said...

2nd cutest little chick i have ever seen.

Rashelle said...

Sadie looks so cute, I am impressed that she kept her hat on. I got to use Melia's Children Place costume again this year with Claire but she would not wear the hat.

houseofhud said...

Love the picture at the Disney Store! It's like Where's Waldo!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

she's adorable! who cares if she can't eat the candy... that's what we're for right?

Ashley Dawn said...

Those are such cute pictures. I'm glad you guys had a blast....and eat all the chocolate you want. That's the biggest perk of being a mom on halloween...soon she'll be old enough that she won't want to share anymore.

Life Is Golden said...

The Tillemans! Look how cute you are? And your little girl... she's to die for! You look darling as ever...

LindsayB said...

are you on a blog strike or what?

LindsayB said...

are you on a blog strike or what?