Wednesday, October 8, 2008

getaways

Ryan & I both had getaways on the weekend. We both went our separate ways for own getaway. Sometimes its better to have time away. In this case, this was true as I do not share the same passion for golf. He went out to Kimberley which has some great courses he would know because we went at the beginning of summer. Most of his time was spent golfing and relaxing.

It is thanks to Ryan's friend Tom that this golf getaways continue to happen. Tom has a place out there to stay, he is single therefore when he has a free weekend he doesn't think twice and just goes.


I headed up to Edmonton for my own fun. I had a blast in Edmonton. I stayed with Brooke & Brett, they just might be the best Aunt & Uncle to visit. (Peter & Gab you are just to far) Since they are kidless they LOVE playing with Sadie and give her soooo much attention. They love Sadie & Sadie loved them. I even got her to babysit for me while I went out. It was pretty cute when I came home and caught Brooke & Brett in the 2 man act of changing her diaper and putting on her pyjamas. he he. Brooke even woke up and came out at 4 am when Sadie was screaming her head off, offering her help.

It was Abby's birthday while I was up. I love that girl, we have so much fun and memories together. She is an amazing girl. She just opened up her own Salon, it is awesome. So she is older and wiser, and lets add beautiful. Love you Abby.

We hadn't seen her in a while but Sadie still loves her.


Loving the fall in Edmonton down in the river valley.
Maren snapped these of Sadie & I.



Yes it was fun to go back to Edmonton. It was so fun to be in a city where I know where everything is (never getting lost). Seeing & visiting friends. Going to WEM. Seriously it is the best I even went on Saturday & it wasn't too crazy, not worse than the traffic here. Where else can you go and have the best shopping (in Canada) and its all in one spot, get a bite to eat, check out flamingos, sea lion show, the waterpark, an amusement park (I can't believe I forgot to take Sadie there) you can say meet me at the whale & everyone knows what I'm talking about, and even run into some friends. Yes I love that mall.We did watch conference did anyone else here the talk where the speaker was listing a few simple things to do to brighten someones day it was something like, a friendly smile, a kind word, a comment on the blog. These guys are in tune, any blogger knows how sweet it is to get comments, but I'm sure he is a non blogger but he knows. I thought it was funny anyway. And the rest of conference that I heard was good too.

It was a birthday weekend! Alysha turned 27 too! I stayed an extra day to have a suprise night out for Alysha. Alysha is the sweetest friend and I am always amazed that she is such a great mom to her 4 kids!!

I was a little sad to leave Edmonton but I was excited to come back home to Ryan (sometimes his weeks are soo busy it seems we hardly spend anytime together). Ryan was soo excited to see Sadie too. Another good reason for the separate getaways so fun to be back together again. If only Ryan was actually home right now....

15 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

It sounds like you had a blast up here. I'm sad that I missed you. Your right about the blog comment thing. They must truly be inspired. Those pictures look super cute. I'm glad that you're doing well and had a good weekend off - those are so important.

Arrington's said...

I think that Sadie is such a mix of you two. My first impression is to say you, but after a second look at the adorable thing i see your husband a lot too. She is soo cute! Send Brooke a message from me that says a baby on her lap looks pretty cute wink wink...i'm such a nerd

Jordana said...

Hey Susie, so fun to hear from you and find your blog! So random, the other day someone asked me if I knew Susie Tilleman and I said no, I didn't realize that was your last name. Your little girl is so adorable!

whitney said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I miss Edmonton too, and I was only there for 2 years. So you must really miss it! We are hoping to go back soon to visit Paige - all just an excuse to get to WEM and take Ro to the waterpark!

Jaime said...

I hear you, I miss Edmonton shopping too! Lethbridge just doesn't quite cut it in that department. Sadie is adorable as always. I saw Lindsay the other day and she said that Sadie was finally sleeping better for you! I hope that is still the case and you are getting lots of rest now. I think I might come up in November to visit Jill on one of her days off, we will have to get together too and visit!

Jaime said...

Oh yea, and Sadie has the cutest scrunchy face smile, I love it!

Mindi said...

I am so jealous you went to WEM, & you are so right...meet me at the whale...everyone knows that is the only place you meet!

houseofhud said...

That's funny that you mentioned that conference talk about leaving comments on a blog...remember I told you today that I didn't catch much of conference? That talk is about the only one I heard! My thought was...how do these old guys even know what a blog is! They definitely are inspired!

LindsayB said...

comment on you blog

did i make your day?

i NEED to go to edmonton, in particular, WEM!

Rashelle said...

I'm glad you made it up to Edmonton, I miss the shopping there too. I am a little worried about how the long car ride would go with two kids though. Have a good Thanksgving!

Brooke said...

Just another comment on the blog. I didn't realize how sentimental you were about WEM. Well, I guess you'll have to come again then. Good times.

Jackie said...

Cute pictures Susie, as always! Sadie is adorable! I love Edmonton too, we will probably never leave!

Mindi said...

Okay, so about my canvas pictures, I made them myself. I ordered a picture to be made into a poster from the company I work for (heritage makers), and then I bought a canvass at Michaels. Tres easy. As far as ordering them somewhere...it's pretty expensive. Most places do it, but I thought I would try making it myself and I'm way happy about it! Let me know if that helped, or if you need more info!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Hi there. Just stopping in to snoop. Sadie looks so cute in her Sweater and long sleeve shirt, all fashionable at age 1! I've been really wanting to plan a girls get away up in a canyon somewhere with no kids, just alot of chocolate, sugar treats, and good friends. But, alas I don't know how Jess would fair with the 3 kiddies all on his own.

Oler Family said...

I was so exited to see you at WEM! I sure miss having you here!