Thursday, October 23, 2008

always a good time

The highlight of last week was Lindsay & Derek came up to visit. It was fun what can I say we mostly just hung out, chit chatted & let the kids do their thing. It was a good thing we went to Chucky Cheese for Alden's birthday party, because after that it didn't matter what else we did for the kids. I'm pretty sure this is like Disneyland to a kid who doesn't know any better.


I think this was the favorite they stayed in here for quite a while.

I sent some pictures to my mom and I think she thinks that Barney is Chucky Cheese, I laughed to myself. Oh Grandma.




Also on Friday night we (meaning No kids) all went out. It was sweet! We got a babysitter and headed out for dinner and a movie. I've really got to do that more often it was great.
After they all left Sadie & I were still sick and we didn't feel like doing much, mostly just laying around. I guess that is the beauty of being a stay home mom, we did just that. She cuddled with me and just lazed around. She just layed on the floor doing nothing, not even watching t.v. weird I know. Ryan cam home early to see her and she was so not in the mood for anything he tried. She is feeling better, just got to get her napping again.


And lastly I feel like she is a decent sleeper now. So we are on to the next thing, eating, so far she is terrible. Any moms who have experienced this, know how annoying and frustrating it is. I may be to blame as I used to give her snacks and now that is what she would like for lunch and supper. She loves breakfast, no problems but it just goes down from there. I have tried a lot of things & will just keep trying. Unless it is one of the few things she likes she throws it on the floor or if i try to give it to her its like poison when it hits her lips. I'm trying to be tough so she cries through a lot of supper and goes to bed hungry. Is that heartless & cruel or will it work? Any tips?

And here is Ryan & Sadie before bed, and Ryan the baseball LOVER changed the channel from the World Series to Treehouse!! Just because he would do anything for this little girl.

12 comments:

Jordana said...

Oh man, being a tough mom is so hard. We had to do the same thing with Jayna and it was so sad when she would barely only eat one bite of dinner and then go to bed hungry, especially when she got old enough to tell us she was hungry. We started offering her the dinner that she didn't eat an hour or so later and some nights she would be so hungry she would inhale the whole bowl of food that she wouldn't even look at before. She has gotten better, but dinner is still the worst meal of the day. I've resorted to hiding veggie in anything I can. Good luck!

LindsayB said...

poor sadie and her bum. you have some good pics there. i forgot to snoop around on your computer and get some of those so um, could you send me some. sadie's smile is so funny in the first one and james cracks me up with that face cheeeeeese! and isn't it chuck e cheese?

Jaime said...

I think kids always eat when they get hungry enough, but it sure is tough to do when your the mom! Maybe she is getting more teeth? Brody isn't the greatest eater right now either and he doesn't like to feed himself which makes it doubly frustrating!
Cute pictures of Sadie as always, she looks like a little toddler now instead of a baby! Aren't they getting more and more fun now!

houseofhud said...

I just love Sadie's smile. Sometimes I don't mind when my kids are under the weather as then they will actually snuggle me (but only if I have the time to snuggle)!

Meals...It's so hard when they don't have many teeth and can't eat whatever you eat too. Try not giving her snacks throughout the day. I think tough love usually works and you're on the right track. I don't know what else to tell you! I also think she is still pretty young and doesn't really understand what point you're trying to make, but sometimes it's easier to train them the younger they are. Good luck!

Jessica said...

Jackson is a really picky eater, its the same for us and has been since he was little he always ate lots of breakfast and none or barely any dinner. I think as long as you are offering healthy food 3 meals ( and I am pro snacks as long as they are healthy) They will eat what they need .

Brooke said...

Well, I already gave you my two bits on the eating, and at least she likes one veggie -green beans. Looks like party time, and James and Sadie are looking like quite the pair.

Rashelle said...

Looks like you had a fun time at chucky cheese, we will have to try that sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for checking our Simple Finds! Just wanted to let you know you are the winner of the See Kai Run giveaway! You can choose any pair from the "smaller" collection!
Email me your choice and contact info and they will ship them out to you! Thanks Again!
Christie
www.simple-finds.com
christie{at}simple-finds{dot}com

Jess said...

Eating food is so tough on them at first. I just kept trying with Abby just keep offering whatever you are trying to get them to eat and eventually they will get hungry enough.
I did buy the cookbook Deceptively Declicious which has some great ideas for hiding veggies and fruit in food that kids will normally eat.
Good luck!!

Just Rhonda said...

just DON'T do what I did with Alden! :) Just keep giving it to her. One thing she likes and one she doesn't.

Alysha Sladek said...

wow, look at you blogging away. i'm totally a slacker. hope you're both feeling better. i love chuck e cheese, but even better is shakers! you'll have to give it a go sometime. they even have a little play place for the kids! as for the whole eating thing... you just have to be persistent and very patient. i find, even now, my kids go through phases where they eat great and then it doesn't matter what i give them, they just wont eat. i also find that we have to have set snack times otherwise they'd eat junk all day and not eat their meals. our day is usually breakfast at 8, snack @ 10/10:30, lunch @ noon, after school snack at 3:30/4 and then dinner around 5:30. they're happier and usually eat better too. good luck with it though. each kid is so different, you'll just have to find what works for her. (sorry for the novel)

Oler Family said...

look at Sadie's little teeth! What a doll. I love that she still loves to carry a spoon around. Good luck with the eating. It's just a phase. My kids have all done the same thing!