Wednesday, October 15, 2008

thankful

I have always had so much to be thankful for. It is nice to take some time to remember and enjoy them all. To list just a few
I am so thankful for my own little family I just love them!
For a husband who is so motivated and works so hard and puts in some long days.
To be a mom staying home with Sadie everyday & just doing pretty much whatever we want.
For great families that are so close and we get to visit them often.
For the basics in life (house, food, clothes) there are so many that go without or have lost them.
I AM GRATEFUL
everyday.

JAMES & SADIE

It was meant to be an ode to James & Sadie. I realized the few pictures I took this weekend were of them. These 2 are so cute together.

Sadie & James are starting to have more in common. James has been so quick to do all the baby things. Sadie is by no means caught up but she is getting closer and they are both starting to realize they have a few things in common and are going to be seeing a lot more of each other so they might as well be friends right?!

Just for fun a few random things about these 2
  • both bad sleepers (Lindsay & I have exchanged stories, tips, good nights and bad nights way too often) they are both way better now.
  • both have extremely blonde hair
  • neither of them have a ton of hair (I know I will be corrected for this YES James definitely has more)
  • James is as pasty white as can be and Sadie looks like she basking in the sun all summer
  • both have worn dresses see Lindsay latest post
  • both were sick yesterday yuck
  • right now Sadie eats like a lady, James like a total boy
  • both make some funny crazy faces
  • both love having baths and playing in the water
It is fun to see what James is up to because it makes me see what will come next for Sadie, which is exciting & also makes me enjoy some phases just a little more.

  • This is James' awesome face that totally cracks me up

Sadie's nose crinkle face (I think I'll being seeing a lot more of this one)

a sweet moment of sharing



As soon as we got to my parents James was already there he walked on over saying "saDDiee, SaDDieee, Sadddiee. and totally checks out her shoes, her shirt and gives her a hug. I love it I hope he always looks out for her you know in a big brother sort of way. They played together which meant actually sitting and playing sometimes or him bringing her some toys, them battling it out for the same toy (sadie not giving in). James occasionally slowing down trying to hold her hand to help her learn to walk. Aren't this two so cute?

I love not a toy in the tub and they are as happy as can be.

I'm excited these guys are coming up for a visit tomorrow, I just don't think we could EVER get sick of them.

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

those two are sooooo cute! i'm so glad you stayed that extra day! it was great seeing you. i've been soooo outta blogging lately... it's fun to see a couple new posts! hope you had a fantastic thanksgiving. (oh and ashley has the chi at her house for ya!)

LindsayB said...

SaiDDIEEE, SadIEE! Love this post of course. These 2 really are so cute together. Of course James will be looking out for her like a big bro, and in the clothes department too, hehe. Sadie's crinkle face and james' i don't what that face is are both so cute. see you tomorrow.

Rashelle said...

Those two looked like they had fun together. Its nice you were able to come down for the weekend and I am sure you enjoyed not having to drive as far this year.

Carla McDaniel said...

hope you had a happy thanksgiving. sounds like you spent some great time with your family. it's a great time to reflect on the many many things we are thankful for.

Oler Family said...

How cute are those two? I love their little scrunched up faces when they are eating together and that is really funny that James checks out her outfit when he sees Sadie! And what's up with the bath tub? I've never seen a faucet on the wall like that...it makes sense though...and it sure would prevent a lot of bath time arguments with my kids on who gets to control the water, the kid at the front, or the kid at the back!!!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

I'm trying to figure out who James is. A cousin I'm guessing? Anyhow, super cute pictures, what a photographer you are!

Mindi said...

They are so cute! I love tub pictures!