Friday, September 26, 2008

her favorite

Most kids have a favorite stuffie, pillow, or blankie of some sort growing up, right.? If you thought really hard you could probably remember being attached to something that you HAD to have to go to sleep with & perhaps some of you are still hanging on to. Any mom knows what her child needs as part of the bed time routine & knows what it is like when the item is missing (lots of tears, and no going to sleep until it is found)

Does Sadie have a favorite? Well many may know because I tote it around or because it is in many pictures. Sadie has had a favorite blankie for quite sometime. It is a cute one made by a friend of mine, it has a soft fuzzy crotched edge that is perfect to rub up against her face before closing her eyes.

What you may not know is that lately she is obsessed and finds comfort in holding a spoon in her hand. Some my think this is lame, absurd, weird, funny, peculiar that I am writing this. I definitely think it is a little odd. But I'm not kidding she gets the baby death grip on a little plastic spoon and refuses to let go. So since I noticed this I took a few pictures of her in action. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Correct and proper use of the spoon here


getting ready for bed spoon in hand
crawling around with my spoon

spoon going for a bath

nothing better than a sleeping baby ... with a spoon in hand

good morning mom.. don't worry I got my spoon in hand alreadyI didn't even notice it her, but it looks like Alli swiped her spoon making her a tad upset.

As seen in the pictures its not one particular spoon she is attached to it can usually be changed at meal time. Anyways she is our little spoon girl for now.

On another note the other day I was out doing a few errands with Sadie. As I was approaching the door to leave the building a man rushed over and said, "let me make your life easier." he proceeded to open both doors and let Sadie & I through (I was pushing her in her stroller). I of course thanked him. Then I thought hmmmm what would I really like to make my life easier, it may change daily but today I would choose an in house chef.. how great would that be. What would make your life easier? A maid, nanny, errand runner, taxi, baker, masseuse, or do you love every single aspect of your busy little day and have enough time for it all without losing your cool ever?

19 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

a SPOON....how cute! i remember having to go to sleep with my large size white teddy bear for a long time. i am embarrassed to even say this, but even until i was in my late teens. *silly, i know)*
and to answer your question of what i would like to make my life easier...right now it would have to be a maid and someone to do my laundry. i actually don't mind doing either, but right now it just seems that with those two things, i am never caught up. life is busy!

Jessica said...

I cant believe she is a year already, that spoon is the funniest thin I have ever seen kids are great. you just never know what they are going to do next... I could use a nanny that would be so nice to have a few moments to myself

Oler Family said...

That is hilarious...and super cute! Like you said, at least it isn't one particular spoon! I would love to have someone clean my house...actually just my bathrooms and floors. I HATE cleaning bathrooms!

The Bullknitter said...

I would like a wife like Edward has. Then I could really get things done! (BTW, Edward would be my husband)
Love the spoon thing. Every baby loves a soft, cuddly...er hard metallic thingy to snuggle in the dark of night.

Jaime said...

I hear you on the in-house chef, I would take one of those in a heart beat!! That's funny about the spoon-hey whatever makes them happy right?

whitney said...

A chef would be great. I like your idea of a masseuse too. Maybe if I had a daily massage I wouldn't mind cooking so much! Roman just has monkey and blankie. They don't have to leave the house with us anymore, but they have to be out all day, they can't stay in the crib. And he chews on his blanket. Every corner has holes in it. So annoying. Love the spoon addiction, especially because you can change spoons on her and she is just as happy.

Alysha Sladek said...

that's hilarious!!! i'm glad she likes her blankie too. ;)
she is soooo adorable. i miss you guys!

Ashley Dawn said...

That's awesome. My kids would be found playing "toothbrushes" or "pencil crayons" or "spoons" or "forks".....frequently where they are actual characters and are playing house or something. I'm sure every child has a funny quirk. As for what I would want to make my life easier.....a chef. I just never get to those meals - and if I do, it's never with enjoyment. (I also wouldn't mind someone who could let me sleep whenever I needed to....)

Anonymous said...

the word is crocheted
xoxoxo
mom

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Grace totally has that sweater that her and Alli are wearing in the last pic. So cute.

I love the spoon!!

houseofhud said...

The spoon post!!! That's great that you had enough pictures of her holding her spoon to post about it. She is so adorable.

And I hear ya on the chef...that is totally what I would pick too. I don't mind cooking, it's the deciding what to make with enough time to defrost stuff, and having all the ingredients that I need and usually don't have.

houseofhud said...

...the SPOON!!! That's great you had enough pictures of her holding her spoon to post about it. She is so adorable.

And I hear ya on the chef...that is totally what I would pick too. I don't mind cooking, it's the deciding what to make with enough time to defrost stuff, and having all the ingredients that I need and usually don't have. I need a interior decorator too!

Anonymous said...

The word is "crocheted"

LindsayB said...

i had no idea about this spoon obsession. hmmmm, i'll have to analyze and see what that really means. and frankly i have all sorts of time and motivation to cook and clean etc. never really thought about needing a chef or something.

Amanda Palmer said...

Great question...for me I think all of the above. Some days I would like to just shop, eat, and lay in the sun with no one asking me for anything:) Sounds like I do not like being a mom, I truly do!!! I love all of my 4 boys, but would be nice to be just me and pampered all day long:)

Just Rhonda said...

oh man that IS funny!!! Cute photos. (And I'd take someone to clean my house please!)

Jacklyn said...

that is soo funny
i love the spoon...Luke is obsessed with notebooks alllll day long flipping through his notebooks. kids are so funny

Jess said...

Love the spoon. That is awesome. Totally with you on the in house chef.

Mindi said...

That is so funny. Jack is kind of the same way...spoons all the time! He can now reach into the drawer and knows that his spoons are right in his reach! I love that she takes it to bed even!