Friday, September 19, 2008

LOVING the FALL

Who isn't loving the fall. We have been trying to spend as much time outside as possible it is just so lovely(yes that is the kind of words you use to describe fall). It is simply delightful to go on walks to the park, swing on swings, slides, visit with friends, eat our picnics, go to the lake, let my kid get filthy, eat dirt, rocks, sand all because it is just too nice to resist.

Look its still shirts off weather.

She is loving the fall, she found the golden leaf.


I think she looks a little chubby here and I'm pretty sure I had her laughing
Sadie on the move, a whole new dirty world for her to discover on her hands and knees.
Yes fall is a time of reflection for us all. Sadie very deep in thought.

We went on a "nature walk" this morning & it turned it to quite the journey we ventured down to the river and back up (that was the hard part). Our walk included sounds of birds & bugs chirping, water rushing and splashes from rocks, we saw lots of grasshoppers, dragonflies, a snake, picked flowers, smelled some sweet peas (love them, more spring than fall but whatever), threw rocks, tasted rocks, tried to drink the river water, dipped our feet in the cold water, saw lots of leaves all changing colours, tickled our nose with wheat and long grass, climbed on the rocks and in the dirt and grass, we almost forgot we were in the city. It was so fun.
And I took a tutu and my camera so I took a zillion pictures of my little darling. There are so many that I think are so adorable, but I think this should more than satisfy any blog reader.



Taking pics of Sadie in the tutu and the fall totally reminded me of last fall in Edmonton when a bunch of us took fall pics of our kids and this was Sadie then.....




THEN it was lunch and Sadie is trying transition from baby food to more real foods and lately she just tosses everything I give her on the floor. SOOO today I did what I thought I would never do made and fed her a PBJ sandwich. I have nothing against any mom who does this multiple times a week for her own child. But I HATE peanut butter like you don't understand. I despise the odour, taste, creaminess or chunkiness, the lingering smell on your breath, but like so many other things that comes with being a MOM I"ll get over it ...
The results are in I'd say she LOVED it!
They are so messy and gooey. Am I going to have to bath my child after every meal?? Is that I sign that she totally and thoroughly enjoyed it? Independence is good but good but it comes at a price.

9 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Those pictures of Sadie are so cute! You did an awesome job! She is a doll.

Oler Family said...

Such cute pictures. I live the ones by the water! And how could you hate peanut butter? I wish that I could survive a day without it!!

Carla McDaniel said...

fall is my favorite time of year...the colors, the peacefulness of it, it's the best time for walks!

Those are the cutest picture of Sadie. She is adorable. I love the TUTU!

whitney said...

I really never thought I would see the day you made a PBJ sandwich!

LindsayB said...

you are a nerd, fall walk, hehe. i honestly can't believe that you gave in to the pbj already. i thought you try at all costs to avoid it a little longer. now it has begun, you'll come around and be eating them yourself for lunch now too. come to think of it, what do you eat for lunch if you don't eat pbj's?

Alysha Sladek said...

you should come up so we can do another shoot like that!!! great pictures. i can't believe she's going to be one in a few days!!!!!!!!!

The Bullknitter said...

cute post, Susie. I do not recommend drinking water out of the Bow River...

Rashelle said...

Looks like you are enjoying Calgary. Sadie is so cute in those pictures, I love her outfit.