Thursday, September 11, 2008

bit of everything

This post has no order because I couldn't move the pictures. Here is some of our randomness.
I had this great idea to take Sadies pictures outside while it was still nice, I took about 5 pictures and she was DONE.  Maybe I'll try it again later.



Here is Sadie's own version of Rockband while I am trying to make supper. I only wish it would've kept her attention a little longer.
We are trying to make the most of the nice days.  I savor these hot days even more because I just never know when they will be gone.  So off to the parks in our neighborhood, I just found a new one last week.
Bath time
Sadie's is almost 1 what do ya think should i get her some rogaine for babies 

Last weekend our church had a little retreat for the women it was fun to have a night away and get to know some of the girls in the ward.  AND it was so great to be baby free.  Sadie spent the night at my parents. I think Sadie & I both needed the break from each other, in a good way.  Yeah for my mom who has yet to turn down her grand kids, and trust me they have kept her busy this summer. I love that she loves it.  I think Sadie had fun she had all her cousins there how fun!

Back to the retreat we had a little fireside based on a talk to escape the superwoman syndrome.  I think it is safe to say I do not suffer from this right now,  but I can imagine there will be times in my life where I may be more susceptible to this so I guess its good to be aware and prepare. I can see how easy it is to get caught up in as we start to feel like "you can have it all; you can do it all: you can be it all: and you should because these things are all good. " If you can't you feel guilty.  Anyways I hope that I can just always do my best and avoid this overwhelming feeling of trying to do it all.  
"More is not necessarily better , and most is not always best.  Best may be doing a few things well rather than many things in a mediocre manner."    So it i okay to say NO... sometimes.

9 comments:

Mindi said...

She's so cute Bald! Hattie was bald til she was 1 and now look at her! I love the pots and pans, Jack is soooo into that too with the wooden spoon. I just let it happen now. There's no stopping the mess...but like mom says, you'd be really sad without that mess around!

LindsayB said...

james saw a bald baby in the store yesterday and called put "SADIE!" to her, no joke, it was so cute. He understands and bonds with the bald ones, but he gets bedhead now. i love the tutu pictures. why is it they never pose when they are all dressed up so cute and then when they are ratty and messy they are ready to smile and pose?

houseofhud said...

We'll have to come to the new park with you some time. I think Sadie is sooo cute: hair, or no hair. Speaking of hair....remember how today you said you loved Jaden's hair? Well...she (with the help of Cody) cut it this afternoon! I'll post pictures later!

Alysha Sladek said...

i love that little girl!!! what a doll!! she's so stinkin' cute! that retreat just sounds like so much fun. i'd love to do something like that.

Oler Family said...

What a little cutie! Your pictures are adorable! I was bald until I was 3 and so was Olivia. It's torture because there are so many cute hair accessories for little girls! That retreat sounds like fun. Where was it held?

Just Rhonda said...

i think your retreat sounds like it was great! And Sadie is totally cute!! Just think, you don't have to fight with her to do her hair? Is that looking on the bright side? :)

The Bullknitter said...

I could have used more than one night on that retreat, for sure. It was fun. I love bald babies. Mine were all hairy little monkeys.

Amanda Palmer said...

Hey Susie...I am glad you found my blog, now I have yours. Your little girl is so cute...love the hair comment:) I was not at church last week (sick baby), but I was thinking we should get together some time and hang out. Talk to you soon.

Mike and Kelly said...

Enjoy the lack of hair.. One day you will have many fights over brushing it, and washing it, and trying to make it look acceptable. Plus who can resist such a darling shiny head. She is beautiful.