Thursday, February 11, 2010

just me???

I would be lying if I said I am happy it won't be just me & Sadie anymore... ok that doesn't sound quite right. Am I alone in thinking that having just one little sidekick is the best? Seriously I feel like we've both got it down so good, we can head out for the day and are soo happy to do whatever the 2 of us do. Sometimes it's just good ol errands, grocery shopping, stopping in at the mall, getting a treat, going swimming, or meeting up with friends. No matter what it is it seems easy for the most part and fun. I suppose I fear the unknown, & right now 2 is still the unknown.

I am also experiencing a little bit of that anxious feeling of ughhh.... it will never be the same. Did I make the most of our little time together? I know it sounds ridiculous. But perhaps that explains the fact that in the last week I have been getting all "Sadie isn't your mom the best" as we painted, made and played playdough both for the first time, did other crafty things, took her to a little music class, had her book club friends over, planned a little Valentines get together, asked for a few more cuddles and read an extra book or two at bedtime(I don't think I really did that, but now that she is sleeping it seems like a nice thought). Right now me and 2 kids seems like a lot to handle, going to groceries suddenly sounds overwhelming and becomes a chore rather than a fun outing. Did I mention I went to the zoo today too. Enough mom bragging the other moms I went with had 3 kids with them, so I say wahoo hats off to them.
She looks so content to just do her thing. Hoping she will find good ways to entertain herself when it really counts.
I totally think this picture looks like a school photo, it was self posed.

I guess I will continue to make the most of the next couple months and try not to let this growing baby slow me down just yet. I really have pretty much nothing to complain about as far as pregnancy goes. I overheard Ryan on the phone to a friend the other day and in response to the question of how is the family and such doing Ryan said something like, " yeah she's good, other than a little tired, she is pretty much made to have babies." So there ya have it, spoken like a true husband eh. Who by the way does not pay attention at all to when this baby is suppose to come, as in he thought it was in March?? ughhh what's another month right?
I am sure I will say it every time I go up to Edmonton. I like that city. I really do like that mall, it's so great even on a Saturday. Of course fun to see a few people when we go up too.
Sadie doing the pee grab.
I think I somehow managed to look not so pregnant next to Brooke who is due in a month, lucky me for now anyway. Anyway I totally made her take a preggo picture. After harassing her she admitted she has one picture of herself preggo and didn't like it so she deleted it. I suppose she'll be laughing when I'm still large and she is just cuddling a new babe.

11 comments:

Jaime said...

I cannot get over how much Sadie looks like Ryan in her "school photo"! She also looks like she is getting lots more hair, yay! She is so cute.
I think you will do great with 2, since Sadie sounds like she is so good. I always make Casey go run my errands now, its just easier than bundling up a toddler and a baby, not to mention the fact that Brody is prone to public tantrums and running away:) Wow, that was really long.

Mindi said...

I totally feel the same way you do Susie, and I have 19 days. I'm totally going through the anxiety attacks (small ones, but still there none-the-less). I also have been thinking 'Will Jack be upset that it's just not the 2 of us?" ect ect. And it doesn't help that EVERYONE is telling me 2 is much harder than 1, and 3 is easier than 2. I don't get it. But, we will both be fine, I'm sure. I'm jealous about the zoo and the playdough (brave mom you are). We have nothing here in the winter. Seriously nothing. When are you due?

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I know exactly what you mean. I already miss the alone time that I had with Grace. Trips to the store, Gymnastics, swimming lessons, etc. But I know that once things get settled with new baby they will both become my little side-kicks.

But Grandma and Grandpa are still here, so of course things seem pretty easy. Next week reality will set in.

Brooke said...

Did Ryan say that to Tom? Cause when I saw him the other week, he said the same thing that Steed girls were just meant to have babies.
Seriously, you got turn sideways for you pics so you can see that little belly.

Just Rhonda said...

Yep you are made to have babies!!! Better get right on #3 after this one eh??? :) Glad to see a picture of Brooke!!!!!

LindsayB said...

aw ryan. he really thought you were due in march?! made to have babies, what a catch that husband of yours. good times. i have a finy memory of one, it was good times. it will be good to have 2 in spring so you don't have the bundling deal.

Alysha Sladek said...

Sadie totally looks like Ryan in her school photo! HOLY SMOKES! It's always the fear of the unknown. You'll be just fine! It may take a little adjusting to new schedules, but you'll figure things out pretty quick.

melissa said...

How in the world do you never look pregnant to me?? It's amazing! And don't worry...Sadie will still enjoy her mommy time and not harbor bitterness. AND she'll have a little one to tease and tell she's the favorite to :)

Em and Tom said...

I love all the pics. Your little darling is darling. I bet she is going to love being a little mommy with her big mommy! I can just picture her loving that little baby so much and helping you with everything! Oh to have a girl first! As you described your life I pictured me and Lays hanging out. Nothing against my boys, but they are such ... boys! I know it is different for everyone, but I can split my kids perfectly by gender in the difficulty department. Of course they say that flips when they are teens right? Ah well since you had a girl first at least she can help you if you have a boy next.

lynz said...

i have the same little anxious moments, and i still have 4 1/2 months of my 1:1 time with becks left! i am definitely trying to make the best of it though, and it sounds like you are too :) sadie is going to love being a big sister, and i'm hoping that 2 sidekicks is ever more fun than 1!

houseofhud said...

I was thinking of going to the zoo on Monday. Wanna go again? Life will definitely change when you add another to the mix, but you are a great mom and you will pass with flying colors. BTW, you look so cute pregnant.