Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Paradise

I knew I should've blogged this all right away, because it's official the vacation high is over. It doesn't take long when you come back to snow, cold and just regular ol life. But, that being said I knew it wouldn't last forever. Anyways we had a week away just the 2 of us in Maui. Honestly it was fabulous. It was perfect in every way. So great to sneak away and just enjoy being in such a hot, sunny & beautiful place with just us. I don't know what anyone else's idea of paradise would be, but this did it for me. It was amazing. We did many of the typical Hawaiian touristy things. Which included lounging by our fabulous pools, and the beaches. The beaches are amazing, and where we were they were totally not busy, as in less than 5 people one morning.
It was really nice to go away and have no real agenda or plans, we just did whatever, whenever. Although, that is asking a lot of Ryan he is such a planner and really wants to make the most of everything, and he has a hard time just sitting and relaxing.
Don't worry he managed.

Here is our resort, which we seriously loved everything about it. It was fun to really treat ourselves to such a great place.

I thought with it just being the 2 of us I wouldn't take THAT many pictures but be prepared, I did. I had fun just fooling around and trying to capture some shots from the beaches and whatever else seemed worthy. I don't think you will ever see a post with more pics of Ryan in it. For some reason I think it's funny when we would take pictures of each other, (nothing like a solo shot), but I was usually the one with the camera so lucky for Ryan he finally got some camera spotlight & of course a few self portraits of us.


We went to a luau which was totally fun, entertaining and had way too much good food.
Ryan did a preggo shot of me so here I am just over 6 months


We went to Haleakala National Park, which is such a cool drive as you just keep going up and up above the clouds. We checked out the craters at the top. It seemed like a must do to see some volcano sights in Hawaii. Then Ryan (or should I say WE) I guess I agreed to it too, we hiked down into the crater it was breezy going down, and seriously killer coming up. Honestly what was I thinking it was like Susie vs. the Volcano. I know sound ridiculous & it was.
Fortunately he did feel kinda bad for making us hike way down into the crater. Unfortunately there was only one way out ... on my own 2 feet.
The picture does in no way do it justice this is part of the trail we hiked down. I know it looks like a nice easy walk, but it was brutal not to mention we were hiking in Hawaii in the middle of the afternoon, scorcher.
I laugh when I get Ryan to do some awesome picture posing.

If you know Ryan you may be familiar with his love of golfing. If you know Ryan you know his personality and when he gets into something he is like full on, & dedicates every thing to it. So he usually doesn't take on too many different things. Golf has made the cut, he freaking loves it. Everything about it. Anyways there are some amazing courses in Hawaii, it just so "happened" that the most amazing golf course (where they just played the PGA tour a week before we got there) was right at our resort. Oh life coincidences right! So he did get out to a few courses and really it was a huge highlight for him. He seriously loved the courses & could talk about them forever. The views were pretty amazing, but again I'm so not a golfer & will never understand how you could choose to do golf over sun, fun & beaches.



So there you have it. I do have to say we could not have done this without my parents & sister and Ryan's parents who all had Sadie stay with them for a bit. THANK YOU again! Really she is like a little slice of paradise to the grandparents right?

18 comments:

Life Is Golden said...

Just the other night Joel and I were chit chatting in bed and he got this funny look on his face... I asked him what he was thinking about and he smiled and said "Maui"... soooo random and funny! I've only been to Kona and Joel has vacationed in Maui multiple times. He was like "I need to take you there"... and now I totally think he does too! Beautiful pictures... you did such a great job of documenting a perfect trip.
I had NO idea you were pregnant again... maybe that's because you're one of "those" girls that everyone envies because you hardly show... stinker! Congratulations, you look fantastic.

Carla McDaniel said...

Awww, you guys look like you had a wonderful time. So gorgeous!!! And you look gorgeous!!!

Stephanie said...

Hey Susie,
I love your pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so jealous! I love Maui! Looks like you guys had so much fun! You look AMAZING in your prego pic! Looking at the first couple of pics I forgot you were pregnant cause you don't look like it at all! haha Lucky!

KellyLady said...

Looks like you guys had a great vacation!
And your prego shot is great!

Mindi said...

cute pics. Glad you got away without the little one. Our VEgas trip did that for us with friends, but Hawaii would be awesome!

Just Rhonda said...

Great pics! (Ryan is looking skinnier isn't he??) You are so cute prego! And oh how I would love to go to Hawaii!!! It looks awesome!

lynz said...

that's my idea of paradise too! so fun and you are so cute with your little prego belly :)

LindsayB said...

i would hate you right now if i wasn't going somewhere in a couple. such great pics, looking like there is a baby in there! someday i'll make my way to hawaii.

houseofhud said...

Your self-timer pictures are great! I know I was just over yesterday to see ALL your pictures it was fun looking at them again and hearing the stories again. HOORAY FOR HOLIDAYS! Next time we should go together!

Alysha Sladek said...

looks awesome. makes me sooooo excited for our trip!!
fun pics

Rashelle said...

What a great trip! Your hotel looks amazing. I'm glad you were able to get away for a week especially Hawaii. Its always hard to come back from vacation.

Christal said...

so fun susie love the pictures its always nice to get away together isn't it!! and relax and remember who you are together!! and you are such a cute pregnant girl!!

Jaime said...

Looks like tons of fun-lucky you!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Looks like you had a great time! Super fun trip.

And you look so cute pregnant. Love it.

Em and Tom said...

I love thhe pics, but hate you!!! Glad to see you had fun though.
p.s. I am so sad I didn't get to see you as much as I could have, but it is true that I have 1000 things to do when I go up. loveya

Anonymous said...

[COLOR="Red"][B]Click on the pictures to view in full size[/B][/COLOR]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=12779][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-80.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=7237][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-71.jpg[/IMG][/URL]


[url=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/cat-Asin-32.htm][b]Asin Hot Wallpapers[/b][/url]

Photo gallery at t WallpaperHungama.in is dedicated to Asin Pictures. Click on the thumbnails on enlarged Asin pictures, exclusive photographs and debarring photos. Also constraint discernible other Pictures Gallery through despite Expensive quality and Strong Acutance appearance scans, movie captures, cinema promos, wallpapers, hollywood & bollywood pictures, photos of actresses and celebrities

Amelia said...

Okay THIS looks amazing and I am SOOOOOOO out of it (or maybe I forgot) YOU ARE PREGO!!!!! AH! Congrats! I totally know what you mean about the having more than one kid. One kids seriously is like a honeymoon. Nice, simple, easy (looking back), but it is SOOOOO fun to watch your multiple kids interact with each other, to see what another version of you and your hubby is. It is awesome and you will do great. You will go crazy at times and look back with FOND memories of the 1 kid days, but nothing will make you not love watching your 2 (or more) kids laughing with each other. Aw! You're pregnant! :) And this trip looks AMAZING! I want to go there SO bad right now. Where is this? What resort? Also, Justin says the SAME thing to people about me...like pregnancy is no big deal and I am totally made to do it. I can't argue too much, but I still want a little sympathy from him...which he will give sometimes! :)