Sunday, February 5, 2012

hey look at me


I thought I'd share a little something I made for Christmas for the girls. I'm new to this sharing what I made, I'm not the craftiest person. I feel like I'm showing off, but i guess its about my kids, so whatever. Really its my blog and that's mostly what i do on here. Anyways, they each got these simple little books titled little reasons i love you. Kept it pretty simple I numbered each page and then wrote 1 thing I love about them, that makes them so them right now, and then on the opposite page was a picture of them that went with it.





It was actually a lot of fun coming up with the little reasons and I'm glad I do take quite a few pictures of even some random things that turn out cute or can be forgotten if I don't take a picture. IT was nice to put a few words with the picture. It was kinda for me, I'm not overly sentimental with stuff, but pictures and memories I LOVE, oh and of course my kids





Anyways with the month of Love here I thought they were cute to share. I didn't think they would really fully appreciate them, especially when they got them at Christmas, but Sadie actually did. They both love the books, and so do I. I am really into making digital books right now, they are so great for me, not really crafty and not really techy on the computer. Seriously anyone can make them, for me its a little addicting.
Here is a few I just finished last year. I made some for the grandparents for Christmas. I have a few on the go right now too.
Anyone wondering I have mostly used blurb, these love ones were from paper coterie, I have used picaboo. I am trying shutterfly too. If I updated my computer I might try the mac ones too. There are pros and cons of why I like some more than others.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those books are so cute! I would like to try to do something like that. I'll have to ask you more questions when I get serious about it.

Alysha Sladek said...

sooo cute!! What was the shipping like from Paper Coterie? I have an account but am scared to ship anything haha

Brooke said...

I love your 3 girls too. I was hearing about them tonight from a favourite uncle Tom.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Ok, so are just so cute. What a great idea!!!

. said...

I love the books you made for your girls. Totally worth the work. The pictures of your girls are super cute too.

LindsayB said...

when we were at moms the other day james saw your book and rhondas and was like mom you haven't made your book like this yet to give to grandma...guess i'm not addicted to the book making yet. they are so cute. more comments for yor cute craft than for ny, who knew.

Em and Tom said...

Good stuff Suz. i love the books too, but that I reasons i love you thing is pretty much the cutest idea ever!

Amelia said...

So cute Susie!! What a great idea! So what company do you like the most?? I've only used blurb...for 1book. I am thinking of turning my blog into a family year book...a lot of work ahead! Good work they are ADORABLE, the books, the idea, and of course those girls!

Anonymous said...

don't worry about James getting missed out of having his own book-- after looking for ideas he quickly got paper, pencils and the stapler. But I don't think you'll ever see them on a blog. GB