Saturday, April 5, 2008

Embrace

Today like all other Edmontonians I woke up & to my total surprise I looked out the window.. and what the SNOW! I know as residence of the great white north I shouldn't be shocked but seriously after no jacket yesterday I couldn't help but think spring! So as I saw the snow falling I thought hmmm 2 things 1.could be BITTER about this whole snow dumping and winter yuck or 2.EMBRACE. I chose the latter today. Who knew Winter is the new Spring! I watched the fluffy stuff come down all morning, and cover everything with a nice white blanket BEAUTIFUL. I have seriously always loved the snow ( I LOVE summer too) as a child I loved bundling up first one out and last one in. I still get giddy and excited at the first snowfall I also get excitement for the end of it. So today I share the excitement at the last snowfall (Right?!) A side note I will always hold a special place for the random spring snowfall as I do recall that the snow in May 03 was where Ryan & I "hooked up" when we made and 8ft tall snowman... oh the memories. OK enough rambling so as part of the embracing Sadie went out for a walk to the park. I think she is a little snow angel she loved getting out and if she only knew how I think she would have made a little snow angel as I layed her in the snow her arms were flailing with excitement.
As you can see there is never a shortage of pictures.







I totally debated putting up this picture but hey if its all about embracing this is my girl little snot bubble & all so there you go.

So I guess we can always choose to Embrace or not. Something I am going to try.... although I am having a hard time embracing the hours Sadie was up last night. Night is for embracing sleep, so hope it gets better. I hope you all find something to EMBRACE in your day!

9 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

that's the best snot bubble EVER!!! LOVE IT!!! hahahaha great pictures. I'm glad you were able to embrace the snow. I wanted to cry! Well, not really 'cause it did look pretty. But I just keep thinking, are we really sure it's April??

whitney said...

Snow??? Looks like lots of it too. I guess I won't complain about the wind we had on Saturday! Soon enough you will be in Calgary with the chinooks all winter!

Jess said...

Love the snot bubble pic. So funny. Cute pics and you are awesome embracing the lovely weather.

Just Rhonda said...

oh man that boggie bubble shot cracks me up!!!!!

Jaime said...

I did not embrace the snow at all--so you are a better person than me! I am just not so patiently waiting for spring to really come.
That is a pretty big snot bubble for such a little girl:)
We will have to get together soon!

Mindi said...

Whoah. AT first I thought, That's quite the spit bubble, and then noticed it was attached to her nostril! That's fantastic! She's such a doll! Have fun in Calgary, You'll be in Ian's ward I think!

Brooke said...

She's so unphased by it, and cute (as long as their kleenex around).

Oler Family said...

Cute pictures Susie! I didn't even know that it snowed, glad I missed it!

melissa said...

I am totally embracing the snot bubble picture! hahaha I seriously love it! I can't believe you guys got snow again though. Boo-urns! We got it in Portland too, right before I left though. Your new house looks beautiful and those pictures of Sadie are priceless. She is such a doll! Good luck with the move.