Monday, April 21, 2008

Farwell....

I can't believe it less than a week & we are out of here. We are excited to move and get on with life, and sad to say goodbye to other things here.
Anyway Abby had a little going away party at her house this weekend & it was so good to see and talk to lots of friends before we headed out. THANK YOU Abby & everyone else who helped out and everybody that came. It was really fun to see everyone with husbands and kids. So here are TONS of pictures for all to see. Almost too many but I didn't want to leave anyone out! ha ha









A few highlights
While I have been here I had tons of fun living with roomates (some of my bestest friends) then I met the love of my life, and got married (4 years in May). Ryan and I have completed our university education a total of 13 years combined Yikes! I was a teacher. He is about to be a lawyer, I am so proud of him he has worked so hard, kinda puts my university career to shame. We bought our first house, so glad we did that. We started our little family we love our little Sadie. We have made so many friends from church, work, school. and have so many memories in E-Town.



Some of our favorites that we will miss
  • Living in the same city as both my sisters. They are the best! For a while I lived down the street from both of them so cool.

We will miss the visits from Linds and her kiddos

  • Harwelak Park- I LOVE it winter or summer(mostly summer) I love a good hot dog roast down there.
  • Oilers- I became a real fan as soon as I came up here. I'm not total bandwagon, but when they did make the run in 06 it was Awesome! I even made it to 1 playoff game (Jaimie & others will recall) Besides who doesn't love an Oilers party

Who didn't love Ryan Smith, it was so funny when this guy walked into class so proud of his new do

  • Love going to the Ledge, to play in the water & walk around



  • Edmonton festivals are so fun. The Fringe, Taste of Edmonton yumm, Street Performers to name a few.
  • Love the River Valley I worked at it one summer I think it is great that you can take a 5 min walk and suddenly its like you left the city. it is so beautiful
  • All of our friends that we've had up her... we will really miss you all!
So long, farwell, see ya later Edmonton you will be missed.
And yes I know that is major picture overload!!
Can't say when I will post again. I am craving some time with Ryan, Sadie & me. And as of Wednesday @ noon I think i just may get some of that.

12 comments:

Jaime said...

Love all the pictures! I will definitely miss you guys, it was great that Sadie was only a little older than Brody so I could ask you all my mom questions. I loved living with you-seems like so long ago already, and so much has changed since then.
Good luck in Calgary!

Alysha Sladek said...

those pictures are great. the party was fun!!! great post! i'm sad to see you go, but glad that we'll both be in calgary soon enough. please let me know what i can do to help with the move!!

Brooke said...

Ahh, just think it all started with "Free Skittles, better deal".

Jess said...

That was a cool blog entry. It looks like you had an awesome farewell party. I am sure you will have wonderful adventures in Calgary!!

Oler Family said...

I want to cry! I wish you didn't have to move! You are going to be missed so badly!

Jackie said...

Susie, good luck to you guys in Calgary! Great pictures!

LindsayB said...

tear. i guess i'm not that sad you are moving since i am outta here in a month, but still....all the rememos. no wait i am sad because we will never live in the same city again, now that is sad.

Melissa said...

I'm so sad and excited for you all at the same time. What fun pics! You'll have a blast in Calgary, and it's way closer to Ray town.

Just Rhonda said...

aww looks like so much fun!!!! Looks like you guys were well loved by a lot of people (no surprise!) Sad that you're leaving there, but glad that you are moving here. :)

Brandy said...

susie... i hope the move went well. at least the weather seemed to be a little better this weekend. i'm sad to see you leave! it seems like this last year just flew by. i still remember my first sunday in the ward when i saw you and you were so sweet to me. :( calgary is lucky to get you. if you guys ever come up to visit we'd love to see you! oh yah, and have so much fun on your trip!!!

Ashley Dawn said...

We're sure going to miss you. What a great thought out blog.....I was totally choking up!! Stupid hormones... Hope that all is going well for you in Calgary and that you love your new ward. I know a LOT of people in that ward and I'm sure you'll fit in so well. Good luck and we'll have to see each other in the South Stake!! I'm so jealous that you're there. PS- sorry that I looked like such a drip at your party :)

Sarah Shaw said...

I loved reading and looking at the Edmonton tribute... I recognized a lot of people at your going away party. It's a shame that we never got together while you lived down there. I will be sure to come and visit you at your gorgeous house in calgary!!!