Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's all about Ryan

We went to Ryans Graduation it is official "we" are done school and he is a law graduate. I used to laugh when wives would say we are doing this in school, I thought yep that is what your husband is doing in school, but after being with Ryan when he finished his undergrad and was accepted and finished law school I feel like yes WE did it. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to take credit for his hard work. We had very different roles but I don't think we would have wanted to do it with out each other. We were in it together. We are done and; are no longer students!

I am glad we made the trip to the convocation, sounds cheesy but I was pretty proud when they read his name and he walked across the stage as I was trying to snap a picture. The convocation was nice & can you believe 100 years of U of A graduates now. Crazy to think it all started with a graduating class of 40 & this year over 6000 graduated.

A few things about Ryan and his schooling
  • I have never known anyone to work and study as hard as he does.
  • He sets goals and aims to achieve them... and usually does.
  • If it is something he thinks is worth his time & effort he will give 100%.
  • He finished #1 in his Honors undergrad.
  • He graduated with Distinction in Law.
  • He love challenging himself.
  • He was able to get some sweet scholarships.
  • He will not miss writing exams and competing with everyone else.
  • I really think he is going to like what he gets to do at his job! phew. making it all wort it.
CONGRATULATIONS RYAN!!

Proud Daddies
Dane with Grady & Ryan with Sadie



Dane Kate & Ryan

Yeah we're all done!

And Happy Fathers Day!

I just have to say what a great husband and dad Ryan is to us. He is so good to us and I know he would do anything for us (including letting me sleep in He just adores his little Sadie. I'm pretty sure the highlight of his day is coming home to see Sadie or kissing her goodbye in the morning. He is so good at playing and talking with her. She loves his attention. He doesn't want to miss out on anything with her, & sure makes the most of their time together. We sure are lucky to have him.


9 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

piles and piles of congrats to Ryan!!! Now on to the real world!!!

Anonymous said...

It's great to take time savor each day there is always something .... grad or walking in the rain
so glad you 2 are finished school and have Sadie.

great work to Ryan and to you
mom

Jaime said...

Congratulations to Ryan!! I know from experience living with you how hard he works and how little you see him during exam time, so I bet you are so excited to be done.
Sadie looks like a little angel in your pictures-so cute. Is she crawling yet?

LindsayB said...

so true for the WE thing. WE aren't as official as you guys yet, but WE are done school! and no there really is nobody that studies as hard as ryan, besides derek that is. derek is just a maniac studier, you know?!

Oler Family said...

That is so exciting that YOU and Ryan are officially Done!Isn't it nice to see all the hard work pay off?! Miss ya!

Brooke said...

Congrats and enjoy the celebration. But I hope you were only up in Edmonton for the day because I can't think of another excuse for not seeing your lonely Edmonton sister. P.S. Cute dresses and posers in the dresses. Are you and Lins trying to use 'for the team' as an excuse for getting the same shoes? Just need some 'team shirts' to top it off.

Ashley Dawn said...

YAY!! There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Congrats Ryan. I know what you mean about both being done school. I feel like I should be getting a degree too. It's hard work to get your husband through school. Congratulations to you both.

Alysha Sladek said...

great post!! congrats on no longer being students!! (lucky) and yes, i believe it's WE... i say the same thing. cute pictures. sadie's growing up WAY too fast!

Brandy said...

that's so exciting that ryan is done school! congrats! hope you're enjoying calgary!