Monday, June 9, 2008

this and that

I'm back, yet again! We went down to Ryan's Grandmas funeral this last weekend. She was such a great lady & I learned a few things about her life I didn't already know.

Here are a few things that made her such a special grandma & great grandma
• she seriously won scrabble EVERY time we played with her
• she was sure that Sadie was going to be a little blue eyed blonde girl (she was right)
• she always wanted to know what we were doing & always remembered
• she shared stories when we went to visit
• she served Ryan "special steak" when he was little aka LIVER
• she spent a lot of time with Ryan growing up (babysitting & having sleepovers) fun grandma
• she was an amazing gardener
• she was a very hard worker
• she loved all her kids, grandkids, greatgrandkids and great great grandkids
She lived to be 89 years old and was an amazing example to her family & others. We love & miss her, but will always remember her and are happy to know where and who she is with now. We are better people for knowing her!

Ryans aunt & uncle came out from Victoria to see Sadie, they had fun playing with her and joined in on spoiling her.

It was kind of a nice day today so of course outside Sadie & I went. Not to long after being out I saw the dark clouds rolling in and started rushing home, not quick enough. So Thank you to the perfect stranger who saw me getting soaked in the rain and offered to pick me up, even though I passed it up because I was so close to home. It was brutal I was soaked Sadie was soaked and very upset.



These are before and after the rain I don't know if you can tell she was really wet and cold, it even hailed for a bit. I am sure I looked like a fool in the rain trying to protect my baby.

I copied this from Lindsay, what a good waste of time.
You just type in your name is in google and see what comes up.
So Susie is....

Susie is planting a circular flower bed
I wish... I’m hoping we get grass for the summer

Susie is home!
Yes so true home sweet home it is for me.

Susie is a control freak
this could not be more untrue, I am pretty easy going with just about anything

Susie is the fastest woman in the TeamBath 5k Road Race
Again i wish this was true, as demonstrated today I am not faster than rain. I do want to get out and go running

Susie is lovely
oh thankyou I’m pretending that is a compliment

Susie is free and happy
this is a fairly accurate description of life for me right now. LOVING it!

Susie is the most laid back dog on the planet
so true minus the whole dog thing

Susie sunshine
yes this was actually my nickname as a kid. After 3 boys how could a girl not be a little ray of sunshine

9 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

hahaha that google thing was funny. And a nice recap of Ryan's grandma!!! Cute pictures of Sadie in the grass.

LindsayB said...

those pictures of sadie are to die for. i think i heard her cry from here when you were stuck in the rain, hehe. and susie sunshine, of course! good times, good times.

Jaime said...

Love the pictures of Sadie in the grass, she must be getting so big and grown up now. So sorry you got stuck in the rain-poor girls!

Alysha Sladek said...

so sorry about ryan's grandma. she sounds like a grat lady. bummer about the rain. cute pictures though. she sure is growing up! love the google thing that was pretty funny!

Oler Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about Ryan's Grandma. It sounds like she was so sweet and fun! What a cute picture of her and Sadie! I love the whole google thing..I'll have to give it a try!

Jess said...

Sadie is so cute. She looks like she is growing so fast. Time sure flies once you have kids.
Good luck beating the rain next time!!

Kristin Ross said...

I love the pictures in the grass!

Brandy said...

i love the pictures of sadie in the grass!

CGibb said...

The picture of Sadie with Ryan's grandma is adorable! I love that Sadie doesn't have hair! It totally reminds me of my baby pictures. It's so cute!