Friday, August 8, 2008

simple things

We have been loving the busy-ness and fun of the summer. And taking time to enjoy the simple things of life. Being with Sadie (and visiting grandparents) makes it soo easy and fun to really enjoy every simple little thing.

She LOVES the water I know I've said it before, we went swimming for 2 hours & she loved it!

Weeee.. rides on her little push toy (more fun than walking for now anyway)

So serious standing and enjoying a hot summer afternoon. Yes Sadie is looking more and more like Ryan what a cutie!

Bathtime is another higlight in her day she looks like a little frog here

Ahhh camping with Sadie just like too many of our nights lately sleepless. I look way to excited for what was ahead in the night.
The camping was all part of a family reunion at 'the farm' where my mom grew up and I grew up going out to visit all the time. It was so fun to see family that has changed and grown so much its crazy how many of us there were. There are so many fun stories and memories we all have thats what its all about right.


Here are a couple of shots from the weekend. My mom was so lucky to grow up on a farm like this she LOVES being there. I can't blame there are so many beautiful things around, and its total freedom with wide open space to explore. It's a unique farm that has some really neat things about it not just your typical fields of grain and herds of cows. It has the river, breathtaking views of the mountains, rolling hills to hike around in and I love that they named hills and certain landmarks. I'm so glad that my mom has shared her love for the farm and outdoors with me. I don't know if she means to but just by watching and listening to her she reminds me of the simple beautiful things in life she is so good at embracing little things and sharing them. Life seems so care free and perfect while I'm out there, until I remember they actually did have some farm chores to do.



Our morning hike to the 'point'
I think it is always great to be reminded of where I come from and who I am. And going home to visit brings back a lot of memories of growing up. I love that my mom is a farm girl and I am a small town girl because sometimes I worry about raising Sadie in the big city. So I love returning to my childhood memories and sharing them with Ryan and Sadie. I love the traditions I have and passing them on in hopes that Sadie will share some of my favorite places and things from my childhood. The farm is just one of many.

our last stop was the river, where we cooled off and made a dam. We used to spend hours here when I was a kid.
I stayed at my parents for a few extra days & hardly took any pics I was totally enjoying the break my parents were giving as they played with Sadie they are trying to make her grow up and teaching her to crawl and walk, I guess it's time. Anyway here is an action shot of Alli at the spray park this girl loved it till she was blue in the lips and shivering.

Ok that was some simple but not short, thats what you get when I have a Friday night to myself, a little wordy and some reminicing I guess.

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

sounds like you're having a good summer. what a great place to go to. it looks beautiful there. sadie is so cute and growing so fast. oh and yes jimmy is reading the book now ahahha

Oler Family said...

That picture of Sadie with the flower is the cutest picture ever!! I'm glad that you are having a good summer. What beautiful pictures!

Jackie said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! Love the pictures of Sadie, she is sooo cute! Love the little yellow dress too...darling!

Jaime said...

Looks like fun!! You are very brave to take Sadie camping-I don't think I could bring myself to do that with a baby-yay for you!

Ashley Dawn said...

once again, it looks like you're having a blast. I'm so grateful for blogs, so we can keep track of eachother. I love the farms etc too, there's something so peaceful about them. Sadie sure is looking more like Ryan, but that one picture of her with the flower is just awesome.

Mindi said...

Jack loves swimming too! She's getting so big and cute!

Jacklyn said...

super cute post Sus but can I say my favorite pic is the one of you in your Raymond hoodie camping!! It reminds me of our camping trip in high school all in our hoodies ahhh the memories. I wish I still had mine