Thursday, August 13, 2009

all about the baby

I went up to Edmonton to visit Abby because she finally had her baby girl. Niko is adorable and about the sweetest baby ever, she is cuddly, squishy, tiny, and I could stare at her all day. After going 9 days over and 24 hours of labor and a C section the little I mean big (9.5lbs) bundle of joy is so worth it. Way to go Abby.

Ellie & Jen were already there so we had the baby shower on Monday, it was fabulous. Everything turned out great. The food, the friends, the baby gifts, the funny games, including Jenny & I being the nanny and making fools of ourselves.
This was a super rare moment, Niko with her eyes open. I'm not kidding she slept ALL the time, good baby.

I forgot to take pictures before or during the shower, but it all looked amazing. Jen & Ellie thought of every last detail.





Thanks to Brooke & Brett who let Sadie & I spend the night at their place. AND babysat Sadie while I stayed out. I came home & found her sprawled out on the bed fast asleep. Thanks guys.
Sadie enjoying one of the cupcake pops. Yeah I finally made them, we all loved this things.


Before we left we drove around the university area reminiscing about our crazy college days and looking at all the changes that have happened around. Ye I'm sure we sounded like a bunch of oldies. It was fun. Of course we stopped at the Ledge, one of my favorite places in Edmonton. I still LOVE that city in the summer.

10 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

awww how fun!!!! Love the name Niko!

Melissa said...

I am so jealous you got to see baby Niko! She is beautiful!

Oler Family said...

I'm so sad that I couldn't go. What a sweet little girl. She is so pretty!

Sim said...

i love the ledge too! i used to live right next to it!! edmonton is the BEST in the summer, just love it!!

LindsayB said...

that title is deceiving. i thought maybe something else i guess...

Jess said...

I totally agree about Edmonton. I loved that city in the summer.

Alysha Sladek said...

sad i missed it. looks like fun! and she's ADORABLE! and abby looks amazing!

The Bullknitter said...

We will have to talk about how you know Abby. We know her too...

Brandy said...

i wish i could have seen you... i could only stay for a few minutes at the beginning. it looked like a really fun shower.

Amelia said...

Okay, the 30 mins of hte shower that I got to come to were incredible and I wanted to stay so bad!!! Looks like I missed a bottle chugging contest? What other games did you play? And I was SO mad I ate before I came AND didn't grab a cake pop on the way out. BUMMER!