Thursday, August 6, 2009

Growing up IS a BIG deal

This is HUGE! Yesterday was the 1st day I actually did Sadie's hair. I can't lie I've been waiting for a long time for this day. I was so excited I saw another little girl on Sunday come into church with about the same short and scraggly hair do Sadie has been sporting. Then when she left church her mom had transformed it into 2 adorable pig tails. She was my inspiration I realized Sadie was ready for this big change. Her hair is still incredibly short in the front, but can actually hold a little clip Yeah! Sometimes I think it looks a little silly but I know there is no way I could possibly cut her hair in the back to match the front.



On the growing up topic... potty training. Sadie seems to be somewhat interested in this & so am I. So we've been giving it a go with some success. I don't claim to really know what I am doing, I feel like there are a gazillion ways to do it, and hope it comes sooner than later.

This was too funny she is actually crying because I had changed her diaper (remember only some success) and was going to put on a new one. She lost it, she wanted to go on the potty, so I let her go on but of course she didn't need it, so she was still upset because she would not get a treat or sticker. In the end she got one for trying.

9 comments:

Oler Family said...

I love the little pig tails. It makes her look so much older. Potty training is so much work. Good luck with it!

LindsayB said...

was the girl at church with the pigtails 9 months old?

Just Rhonda said...

yipee!!! You've been waiting to do her hair forever!!! (ouch linds!)

Jaime said...

Yay for pigtails finally! Good luck with the potty training. Good for you for getting started early. I no ambition to do it until after Christmas!

melissa said...

hahaha! That potty picture makes me giggle...

houseofhud said...

Good luck with the potty training! Once you decide to do it, don't look back! LOVE the ponies! They are too cute.

Alysha Sladek said...

i love her new 'do! so cute!! have fun with the potty training...

Jacklyn said...

That is MONUMENTAL!! pig tails for sadie girl! Every time I put pigs in Lily's hair she cries and cries "OUT" "OUt" and good job with the potty!

Mindi said...

Aw, that poor little thing! Jack will tell me "Potty", and that means he's done something in his diaper already (he'll clue in shortly I hope!). and He'll say "Stinky" for the other thing. But he loves sitting on it. I don't push, I just let him sit on whenever he wants!