Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rewind

I can't not do a post about our getaway to Tofino. So here I go way back, when the sun was shining and shorts were a definite option. Don't get me wrong life is still good, but I don't think I'm the only one scrambling for warm coats and wondering where those fall days went. I must say there are a lot of pics here so scroll quickly or not at all.
We stopped to visit Ryan's Aunt Vicky, who lives in a beautiful place. Her house is right on the ocean it is truly amazing. Coming from the city where I walk into my backyard and see into all 5 of my neighbors yard it is really refreshing and breathtaking. We looked out and all we saw was blue ocean and mountains, and all we heard was birds, seals honking, and waves rolling in.

There was some real 2 year old attitude coming out already.
We went to Coombs also known as the Goats on the Roof Town.


Always a joker. She just knew this was funny and would get a laugh from everyone, except from Ryan.

Going to any beach is amazing, especially one by the ocean. The beauty of going to a beach in Canada is it is so not crowded, go figure.
We did a couple of little hikes while we were out there. It was really neat to walk into such luscious green forests. We went on a whale watching tour where we saw so many animals; tons of grey and humpback whales, bear, dolphins, seals, and sea lions, really awesome. The boat took us to a remote island where we hiked in to a ridiculously hot hot spring.
I don't think she could be more excited to be in Cathedral Grove. It is an awesome rain forest with huge trees that are hundreds of years old.
Sunset on Chestemere Beach

I just love that she fell asleep on his shoulders.


Best Buddies. It was fun to have a friend for Sadie to play with while we were there. Even though sometimes it just meant someone else's toys to steal.

I just think she looks so grown up here

Thanks to the Dahl family for coming out with us. We had so much fun!

13 comments:

http://oakebb178.blogspot.com said...

Happy family.God bless u all.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I LOVE that picture of Sadie with her 2-year old 'tude! So funny.

Just Rhonda said...

i love love love the pic of Sadie running across the beach with the clouds in the sky. Its beautiful!

Ashley Dawn said...

looks like a blast! I've never been out past Fairmont, looks like I really need to.

LindsayB said...

oh heavens, i don't even know where our winter gear is. there are some dang cute pictures here. the 2 year old pose is pretty much priceless. it looks so beautiful there. sadie has so many cute (and familiar) outfits these days, she should start appreciating all those hand-me downs she is getting. we were eating poor student food so i could buy those clothes.

Melissa said...

i can't stop laughing at that cute picture of Sadie, she is so funny.

Em and Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sim said...

love this post!! i need to do one too, i haven't even downloaded our pictures and i wasn't the one with the missing camera!! it was so fun, thanks for inviting us!! :)

Anonymous said...

The coast is so beautiful!

Alysha Sladek said...

love the 'tude! that's hilarious! looks like so much fun.

Rashelle said...

Looks like you had such a fun trip and Sadie is looking so cute. I'm glad you got a chance to get away for a holiday.

Em and Tom said...

Hey Suz you have one darling kid.
I love the full length pictures of her. It shows her spunky side. You are causing me to re-think my picture taking moto(you can never get too close)! And yes I still have Zep! I love her, but she licks too much!
loveya

Anonymous said...

:))) Your husband seems familiar to me...Have been to Ufa,Russia at the end of 90's?On a mission?If so...well,I am very glad to see that you are a happy family :)Good luck!)))