Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloweenie Week Begins

It's been forever since I've carved a pumpkin for Halloween. It was a good time. It's fun to get into the festivities of the season, especially now that Sadie is old enough to care. She was super excited about the whole thing. What a weird but fun thing to do.

Who wouldn't be excited to see all the pumpkin guts?

It took a teeny bit of convincing but she did a little scooping.

Then I took the baby pumpkin and let her "do it." I think it was a good alternative to handing her a knife and she made her own face.

The whole thing didn't take to long as you can see, she is so brimming with excitement. No sugar yet, I promise. I think she is gonna get CRAZY this Halloween, (not really but maybe crazy for her).

We went and took Halloween pictures outside today & she LOVED her costume. I'm so glad I did because we should be getting some white stuff on the ground and with that the cold comes. Okay I wasn't going to here is a sneak peek of the bumble bee and her ladybug friend.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

22 comments:

CGibb said...

You're Mr. Potato Head idea was GENIUS. I'm totally going to do that with Luke. The costumes are sure cute! It's fun to see Mylee on your blog too.

Carla McDaniel said...

i agree...Mr. Potato head is the best ever...LOVE IT!!! oh, and cute costumes. HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Unknown said...

i only noticed now that your title is halloweenie, hehe. we totally did the classic carving tonight. no potato heads, but i think we have like 7 more pumpkins downstairs, so tomorrow?!

Brad, Whitney, Roman and Finn said...

I am in love with that bee costume! She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, those little girls are so cute! Love the costumes!

Unknown said...

man, i gotta sign derek out of his account here

Unknown said...

same for whit with brad i guess!

Just Rhonda said...

That costume is SO CUTE!!! Where did you get it??? And mr potato head is smart! we did pumpkins last night too!

Ashley Dawn said...

That's SUCH a great idea for the pumpkins... might have to borrow that one. LOVE the pic. They are SO SO SO cute.

Mindi said...

Love her face in the carving picture! And you look darling as ever! CAn't wait til we carve ours. Daddy is in midterms though, so it'll have to wait til Thursday night!

Oler Family said...

so cute! i love the Mr. Potato head idea!

Christal said...

such a great idea!! great pics she is so cute!! love it!

Rashelle said...

Sadie looks so cute in her costume! Great job on the pumpkins.

McCandless Co. said...

So fun Susie, they don't celebrate Halloween here, I thought I wouldn't care, but I have such fun memories of it I really want my kids to experience Halloween!
Ok how cute is your little Sadie....just too perfect!

ashley b said...

Sadie is TOO cute! I love her costume and your mr. potato head idea rocks.

Alysha Sladek said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! that's what Liv's going to be too, and Andee's the ladybug! LOVE those costumes!

Jacklyn said...

Great Minds think alike Susie. Little miss Lily has the exact same Halloween costume ( I died when I saw it and I couldn't put it down) and she also has the same Purple polka dot sweater as miss Sadie. But I do believe that we bought those at the same time...sooo fun

Em and Tom said...

LOVE IT.
That potato head idea is awesome!!!
Everyone I know is having their girl be a bumblebee. So cute!
O.k. I just started reading all the other comments. I promise the first thing I actually wrote was exactly like what CGibb wrote! So I slightly changed mine. HeHe

Jackie said...

Sadie and her little friend are so adorable! Love costumes!!

Kristy said...

I am WAY behind the times on this, but I hear you were in NYC a while back, living in my old roommate's ward. What a fun adventure!

Julia said...

Your husband seem familiar to me.Has he ever be in Ufa,Russia,as a missionary?Or may be I am mistaken..if I am right--well,I am very glad to see a happy family. :) That elder Ryan Tilleman whom I knew was a smart one and a nice person.Anyway,good luck to you,guys! :)

Jess said...

totally cute costume. Love it.