Sunday, March 14, 2010

If you haven't heard

30 is so the new 20! I am loving it.

I had the most fabulous birthday week, because when you turn 30 you celebrate for a whole week. It's so great, and it was so worth going down to my parents so I could celebrate the first half there, and when they were done I came home. I had to inform Ryan the party must continue, he wasn't thrilled but he is a sport and spoiled me.
Here are some of the reasons why the week was soo great.
Friends - I am ridiculously lucky I have some great ones.
Simone planned a little surprise get together with a few other girls which was really fun. Super cute little 80's theme (the year I was born) so we had some good laughs about all the fads of the 80's. I really felt so special and spoiled.
Got together with a couple of my 'high school' friends down south always a good time.
Family- I had 2 birthday dinners with my family in Raymond, and then one with Ryan & Sadie.
Sadie napped on my birthday. loved it.
I have had way too many birthday cakes, desserts and treats. I think I'll just blame the added weight gain on the baby not me.
so many sweet little thoughtful gifts from friends and family.

I guess I was too busy having fun I didn't really take many pics to document the BIG occasion.
Thanks to everyone who made my day so great. 30 is so my year! Maybe don't ask me how old I am for a while I am still getting used to it.

9 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

happy b-day!!

Alysha Sladek said...

Happy Birthday. I'm sad we couldn't make it for dinner :( Sounds like you've had a great week though :)

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I never forget your birthday, because you and Jason are on the same day!

30 is great!

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday! An 80s party?! What a great idea! My sister turns 30 next week. I'll have to tell her about that one!

Dorienne said...

Well, Happy belated birthday. It's nice when it gets stretched out for a week.

Life Is Golden said...

Happy Birthday... I've decided that 1980 was a really great year, there are a good bunch of people born then... I would have paid money to reminisce the 80's with you.

Jaime said...

Welcome to 30! I'm glad to have some company. Sounds like you had a great birthday lucky girl!

LindsayB said...

i want an 80's party! i want a week long party. please keep these things in mind over the next months...

Em and Tom said...

Happy Birthday darling!
I am not excited to join you. The only thing I think is cool is that I finished having babies before the dreaded day! I never thought turning thirty would bug me, but it does. Love that you like it though. And you look darling in the pics. Wish we could have had Chinese food together too! What am I doing so far away?