Wednesday, April 7, 2010

trip to the zoo

It was a beautiful day today so we made a trip to the zoo. It was the first time we went to check out the new dinosaur park. It was pretty sweet. A lot of walking (but that's the zoo experience, and the joys of being pregnant I definitely notice these things).

Sadie wasn't too sure about these fancy dinosaurs that moved and made noise. This is her initial reaction when I tried to make her watch the dinosaur. She covered up her eyes followed by, "let's keep going mom". She started to like it a little more and kept asking the names of all of the dinosaurs.



I knew she fell asleep on the way home, but I forgot she had a chocolate granola bar in her hand. I was all excited that I wore her out and thought we could both nap... nope she woke up right after this.
Why does my kid have to grow up? Lately (right now as I am still in the process as we speak) it sure makes the bed time routine drag out.
Why did you have to give up the crib and move into a big bed?
Now you get in and out as you please.
Why did you have to learn how to open doors?
Now if I try to ignore your calls or you just want out you just come. Like tonight you came out wandered around upstairs looking for me and then found me downstairs.
Why did you already learn a million and one things to request at bedtime? It begins with "one more book, a toy, a drink, I gotta go potty..."
Why do you try to reason with me? When I think I'm being nice and leave a light on so you can read your books do you reply with, "but I can't read the words" duh
Why did you learn to be so dang sweet through it all? When you call "mommy can you come here for just a second?" in the sweetest little voice it's hard to be mad. Then you just share the most random thoughts in hopes of striking up a great late night conversation.
On one hand I'm thinking I must savour these little moments, on the other hand I'm thinking I gotta lay it down bed time means business right??

7 comments:

Dorienne said...

Sounds like so much fun. I was at the zoo eight months pregnant. It is a lot of walking. That was also the day that Walker tripped and bit his tooth right through his lip!!

Alysha Sladek said...

i've been wondering about the new dinosaurs... do you think it's worth going to see??
it makes me sad how fast these kids grow up. i say enjoy the little moments 'cause before you know it they're all grown up

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I had no idea that there were new Dinos at the zoo. I will forsure have to check them out this summer.

I am trying to keep Grace in a crib for all those reasons.

Jaime said...

Sadie sounds like she is growing up so fast, and I am definitely jealous of how well she talks and that she is potty trained! Good luck in the next couple weeks, I am excited for the blog post when that new baby decides to come!

Rashelle said...

Sounds like Sadie is growing up. Melia said she had fun playing with her this weekend, to bad we missed you.

LindsayB said...

ahha, that's funny with all the chocolate. sometimes i hide when james is being naughty and not going to bed. not like hide for real, but i hear him get up so i'll just happen to go to the bathroom to be sure he finds derek and not me.

Oler Family said...

I would love to hear Sadie's voice..I bet it's so cute!! I love the granola bar picture!!