Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Happenings

Hippity Hoppity! This is what Sadie & I spotted in our front yard last week, Easter is coming! We were at my parents for the weekend, as soon as we got there we were all anticipating the arrival of the newest addition.... 'Baby Gavin" Brooke made it all the way from Edmonton to show off the new little one. Let's just say he was well loved all weekend long.


We enjoyed all the sun and Lindsay was out trying to be the best mom before she left for Mexico (ughh jealous). Pulling all three of the kids around, that's how she rolls in the small town. I'm jealous she makes it look fun and easy.
The Easter Bunny came on Saturday which was genius I think, and didn't bring too much chocolate or candy which I also think is genius. (thanks Linds) It was Lindsay's idea & I was all for it, I felt a little stingy and grinchy at first but when all the candy was pretty much gone in a day it was good.
Sadie had her first go at colouring Easter eggs, she took it very seriously.

We took the eggs out to the 'BIG' Hill in the backyard to roll the eggs. Again a hit with the kids.
But even better was rolling them down the slide followed by a wee

We ventured over to the town Egg hunt and I know I am from southern Alberta, but the wind was crazy. So it was really a race to get a couple eggs and run back inside.

Sadie totally loved Baby Gavin and loved holding and smothering him all weekend. I hope it lasts.

8 comments:

Jacklyn said...

so cute and I love the one of sadie coloring the egg. I can't wait to hear some News from the baby dept. I can't believe that you did not find out what your having, can't wait to hear

Alysha Sladek said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm all for little candy (unless it's for me!)

Jaime said...

So great to see you, even if it was for just a minute in the crazy wind!

lynz said...

i love how truly serious she is about coloring that egg! and i love you guys roll easter eggs too! we went out to the ridge when we were younger, but whenever i mention rolling easter eggs, people look at me like i'm crazy! i love it though :)

I'm Spreading the News said...

oh man, look how cute i am riding that bike, ahahha. another great mom moment caught on film, love it when that happens. it was a good weekend and you got some good pics but what's with my kids looking seriously homeless in ever one!

LindsayB said...

ooopns not bea

LindsayB said...

ooopns ,ot bea

Amelia said...

That last picture with the sucker is SO cute!