Sunday, July 25, 2010

Broken

Way to take the fun out of our summer. sheesh. It happened. Sadie broker her little leg.
It all started while jumping on the trampoline, and then the screaming cry that is oh so different than her 'normal' cry. Then me feeling bad for her, but thinking she has got to tough it out, so I try to convince her she will be okay and even tried to make her walk on it. Deep down my gut feeling was to get it checked out. We waited and debated and finally decided to take her to the hospital. Ryan took her at 1:00a.m and she returned at 5:00am with her purple cast and didn't get a wink of sleep.

Yes it has been sore & my heart breaks to see her waking up in wincing in pain. She has gotten a fair bit of TLC and way too much candy, she often insists her leg needs a pillow to prop up on. She is getting better at being mobile as in scooting and crawling around. I am really hoping she can get a walking cast next week, other wise I feel like I am carrying 2 babies around, and she is definitely way more demanding.



She should only have it on for 4 weeks, I am sure it is going to be the hottest most gorgeous 4 weeks of summer, so your welcome people enjoy it.

15 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

ahhhh I'm so sorry to hear that. The poor girl!! I have to say that cast beats Austins when he was little. It went from his toe to his HIP! It's amazing how fast they learn to get around and how fast they recover though. Still SO SAD! Hope you're all doing ok. Let me know if you need anything :)

houseofhud said...

Poor little Sadie. I love the picture of her on your back!!! Good thing she's little.

the Goodbrands said...

sad Susie!!! I hope she feels better soon!! That totally sucks!! The purple cast is pretty cute though!!

Just Rhonda said...

well that sounds crappy! I guess we'll see you all shortly cast and all!

Mindi said...

Aw! That's so sad. We've had our fair share of trips to the ER, but so far no broken bones...KNOCK ON WOOD! Good luck!

Life Is Golden said...

So sad... but oh so cute. I hope she heals quickly.

Jaime said...

So sad for all of you, poor Sadie. Hope she heals fast and you guys can enjoy some of the summer!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Brenna broke her leg last summer - it was so sad, (for me) She just hobbled about and still had fun.
I'm loving the purple cast though!

Rashelle said...

Poor Sadie. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

LindsayB said...

tear, tear. i did have a hearty laugh at the backpack pic though.

H and E said...

Ok that is the saddest yet cutes thing I have ever seen. What I mean by cute if you think I am being rude, is her little leg in her purple cast. I will say a prayer that the walking cast comes soon! Good luck

lynz said...

aww - she is too cute! i love that she needs a pillow and candy to make it feel better!

Em and Tom said...

Poor little tyke!!! Did you know that Jay did that too? I think he was almost three. I had Jay and Lays both in a stroller that summer, and I think it actually made it easier. Hope she gets better soon!
p.s. I would love to take a trip with ya in 5 years. It always pays to plan ahead! I just went to Eclipse again tonight. I liked it way better the second time. Miss ya!

Em and Tom said...

Also the backpack pick really accents your... good stuff Suz!

Jessica said...

AWW poor girl!