Saturday, July 10, 2010

what would I do....

without Raymond on July 1st. It's never been a question of what and where I would be on Canada Day. It is simply the place to be... like what does everyone else do on July 1st? My hometown never disappoints on the weekend of celebrations.
Sadie was so excited & loving the parade this year. She was clapping, double waving, and didn't take long and she figured out the whole collecting candy too.


Hannah & Gavin just doing their thing Yeah Canada!


Sadie loves loves loves Hannah. She loves having little conversations with her that always begin with "Hannah , Hannah Hannah..." before we went to my parents I overheard this;
S: "are you so excited to go to Grandma B's Hannah?
H: lets out a little cry
S: oh Hannah Please don't cry. Mom I will get her sooder, don't worry I won't force it."
I don't know what it is but she feels the need to get right in Hannah's face and then pretty much yells her name over and over. Brooke's baby Gavin definetly experienced this a few times on the weekend.

Lucky Sadie managed to stay up so she got to sneak out of her bed and take in the fireworks. Looks like we are all ohhh and ahhhhhing at this one.

Sadie up at the street fair. How fun was that. So fun to see so many people that were around for the day.
Here is a shot of most of the family who ran at the Raymond Road Race. It was a good time. Ryan let me run and he came up with all the kids to meet us at the end. I thought if I was really fast maybe I would be done running before he got up there. Either he is amazing and can handle getting 4 kids up and out the door solo or I was too dang slow. They were all there to cheer me at the finish line.

The other day I was folding some laundry & this was the thought that went through my mind as I folded Hannah's clothes. Ummm what did this shrink, I don't think this will fit her anymore. that's weird she has only worn it a few times. hmmm I guess our little baby is growing faster than I think she should.

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like so much fun! I haven't seen fireworks in AGES!! good for you for running :)

H and E said...

Yeah for Canada Day, good to see they celebrate it right in Raymond. I swear here in Calgary there is not much celebration going on.
Seriously how fast do the little one's grow, I just want to stop time!
P.S. You should get a running skirt, they are all I wear the best for summertime running!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

That picture of Sadie practically in the bouncy chair with Hannah is all to familiar. She just loves her baby sister.

I wish that we could have made it out to your parents for the parade. We just moved the night before and didn't get into Lethy till 2:30am. I was bummed that Grace didn't get to see the parade.

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures Susie! It was fun to see you!

Brooke said...

Sadie sure knows how to teach Gavin his name to him by repeating 100's of times. I kept thinking she'd get bored of the babies but never did...she's hilarious and so cute.

Em and Tom said...

Good stuff Suz! I'm so glad i got to be there this year and had so much fun!

LindsayB said...

hi hannah hi hannah hi hannah. hi gabin hi gabin hi gabin. he must be good cause he was there before i finished. tell ryan he can have my 2 anytime, he's just that good.