Friday, September 17, 2010

oh what a life

Sometimes I think, my kids are spoiled, cause I am so so good to them. ha ha. But, how could we pass up a week of family fun in Arizona with the Schmidts and Dahl's. Sadie had 2 little girls to play with the entire time, and they were all seriously gaga over Hannah, we all had a blast. We had such a great time. I guess I have to admit my life is pretty dang good, so my kids don't have it too bad either. Our days were mostly filled with the hot hot sun and cooling off in the pool.




These girls could not get enough of each other.

Here they are leaving the desert and summer.

Life is really so easy when your biggest dilemma is hmmm what kind of freezie or delicious drink should I get.

I can't say enough what a fabulous host Val was. Everyone was so happy, boys did some golf, girls did some shopping and a night out solo, and just eating out and playing the kids out daily was so great.
Also side story. If you could've seen us travelling you would've either laughed at us or felt sorry for us, either way you definitely would've looked. Just between luggage kids, carseats and crying kids we were a GONG show! So guess who 5 mins into the flight realized we had left our car keys in our rental car in Arizona. US we are that awesome. So it was quite lucky for us that my parents just happen to be leaving from Great Falls to go to Arizona. So Ryan rehearsed with Sadie to nicely ask Grandpa if we could please borrow his car. Phewsh it worked. So we weren't stranded at the airport and luckily they did find our car keys and in the end it all worked out. right. So thank goodness my parents love to bale us out and continue to laugh at us when we do ridiculous things. Maybe it's because they get it, and they were a gong show at some point in their lives. Maybe just maybe travellling with 6 kids they were their own little gong show, but probably not.

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

so jealous of your tan! looks like so much fun. I bet the girls loved it. ok can you imagine US trying to fly somewhere??? YIKES!!!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I think anytime you go somewhere with more than 1 kids (or sometimes just 1), it is a gong show. Atleast I feel like it is.

That keys in the cars is TOTALLY something that would happen to Brett and I too.

What a great trip. Brett keeps talking about going down there to golf. Looks like fun!!!

Em and Tom said...

I bet they were a little bit of a gong show too! I sure am most of the time. Glad you had fun. I'm already missing my tan! Everything just looks better when you've got a little sun eh? Hey thanks for checking out my friends site. I like writing for it, but do have tonz of stress over whether people will like what I post.

LindsayB said...

i need to go there. i need that tan. i want to be that gong show.

Brooke said...

Too fun, I think Sept is the best time for vacations. It extends summer, but this year we didn't really seem to get it.