Sunday, September 26, 2010

not 2

She's 3



Me: Sadie how old are you?
Sadie: not 2. pause while she fiddles with her fingers trying to get 3 fingers ready.
I'm 3!

Three she is. I love how Ryan is trying to tell her all the things 3 year olds do and don't do. As if she will magically change this week. So if all goes well she'll probably be an angel at 3, sharing with everyone, never crying, no meltdowns, eating all her food, & never whining. So pretty much perfect. I don't think he was being unrealistic at all for wishing for all this things. What's the fun if you don't have a birthday wish.

For real we had a great birthday, Sadie was totally hyper and excited all day long. It's all about the cake at this age. So I really went all out for myself. I made the fondant. In the end it all turned out, but I had my doubts around midnight if this is was really worth it.
I can't deny I was kind of having fun making the whole birthday a big deal for her. So the night before (because I love to leave it to the last minute) I was telling Ryan all the stuff I needed to do and he was all, you do know that you don't have to do much to impress a 3 year old. uhmm not the pep talk I needed cause at this point I was going for it. I had talked to Lindsay earlier another mom who 'gets it' she was all "sadie is so lucky, you are an awesome mom, oh yeah you gotta do it all"
Sadie has such a little personality at 3. We always get a kick out of the things she says and does. She is our daily entertainment.
She loves being a big sister and how much she adores Hannah. I don't think you can understand how intense her love is, until you see her in action.
I don't think you know what an awfully pick eater she has, unless you witness it. It's ridiculous.
She loves to do all sorts of kids crafty things, colour, cut, glue, play playdough, paint.
She has a great memory, a little too good at times.
She must have her bedtime routine of stories, and hugs and kisses.
Lately I have also heard her talking in her sleep at night. A couple them that I remember are: sing of the alphabet, "no Bella no Bella it's mine" "Swiper Noooo" it's nice on occasion when I am awake in the wee hours that I get a little bit of entertainment, and to think this could've slipped by me, if I didn't get up to feed Hannah.

Her party was a pink & purpilicious! Those would be her favorite colours. She had a few other little girls over and they had a blast dancing around and doing little girly things.





I brought out the treats for the girls to add to the treat bags it was torture when I made them sit and wait for like 15 seconds and then they were in heaven.
And just a couple of the cute decorations.

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday to Sadie! You are the best mom Susie, the party looks so fun.

Alysha Sladek said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!! I can't believe she's 3!! CRAZY!! looks like a fun party. The cake is super cute!

Just Rhonda said...

Well look at you with that great cake! Way to go!!! Happy Birthday to Sadie!

LindsayB said...

that cake is great! you are an awesome mom. i told you sadie would have hair by the time she was 3.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Cute Party!! Your cake looked great. Good job on fondant!

Life just wouldn't be as fun if there wasn't still some whining and crying and food left on plates. Your job would be too easy and there would be no excitement, right??

Brooke said...

Seriously, I'm so impressed with the cake. Happy birthday to Sadie.

Dorienne said...

What a fun party. Looks like it was a hit!

Em and Tom said...

So sorry I missed this. I don't know how it happened!!! Happy Birthday little darling! Cute cake Suz. I also liked the decorations. Don't you hate how long those poms take?