Wednesday, October 6, 2010

thank you

Sometimes I have moments where life is tough. Not sure if I will make it to supper, and it takes A LOT not to lose it on the kids, & I can't believe that when my husband said I'll be home at 5:30 that 5:31 hits and he is not there. sheesh. You know not the real tough stuff, the kinda stuff that pretty much melts away when the kids fall asleep. Then I am reminded I am so lucky to be a mom to these 2 little cuties and they really do grow up way too fast.In case I forget I was trying to get supper done and so Sadie took it on herself to entertain and calm Hannah. It was totally cute then I took the blanket off and yes Sadie was very definitely squishing her. Somedays the smothering kind of love is all we know, and we'll take it.
You know when you close your eyes for a hug its a true intense love.


So we made it to supper, and it was less than perfect. So while I am insisting Sadie eats something and we try to talk about our days and what not. We all look over at Hannah who is no longer cooing and drooling she is OUT. Right in the middle of the chaos of it all she finally decided to take a nap at the supper table. So of course we had to laugh.
Thank goodness these girls are so dang cute and smiley. Love em to bits.
I have to thank these 2 girls for reminding me my life is great and I couldn't be happier.
And of course we get to do it all again tomorrow.

p.s. Just discovering that at 3 years old Sadie has decided that sleeping in a bed, with a shirt and with the lights off is just not cool and totally overrated. So here she is on the floor again, asleep. We all know you don't mess with a sleeping baby or kid right?

8 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I'm glad that I am not the only one who has those days! You feel like you are totally going to lose it, then they say something funny or give you the biggest smile and you forget all about it.

Love the picture of Hannah sleeping in her bumbo. She looks like she is just melting into it!

Jaime said...

Oh don't those days come far too often!
Cute pictures--as always!

LindsayB said...

i never have those days she ask mom, she has never seen me at the end of the line...haha. but when i am having those days and i am thinking in my head, i just want to yell but mom is in the other room so i shouldn't, then mom comes waltzing in to distract the kids and me from our troubles to watch he ipad or something. also, hannah looks so comfy sleeping in the bumbo.

Alysha Sladek said...

Makes me feel good to know I'm not the only one with days like that! love the pics!

lynz said...

haha love that the 2 of them squished in that little chair together and that has got to be one of the best sleeping pictures ever! how do you fall asleep in a bumbo?!?!? haha too cute :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious that she feel alseep like that! And definitely never wake a sleeping baby/child!

H and E said...

We all have those days, more often than we would like....good thing they are worth every second of it!

Brooke said...

Every time I read your blog I think shesh could Sadie love Hannah anymore? Those 2 are soo cute. I wish Gavin liked his bumbo chair that much...he straightens and screams until you pull him out.