Sunday, February 1, 2009

My little boddler


What's been going on. I have been neglecting the blog lately not feeling like updating my own but continuing to see what is going on in everyone elses lives. Not a ton going on lately, life is pretty good though.

I learned a new word last night while reading a book. New to me anyway BODDLER. You can probably use your awesome mother brain to figure that one out. I googled it and here is a definition of it.
Boddler is the name we gave to our children when they were no longer really babies but were not quite toddlers either - i.e. when they had started moving about so getting into scrapes but not actually walking and toddling about. The advantage of the word is that if it is spoken forcibly it does come out as a good swear word.
Oh! you little boddler!

Yes I will admit Sadie isn't really a baby anymore, but I don't think she is a real toddler yet.
So I say Sadie is at the boddler stage. She is typical and loves to empty cupboards drawers and create messes (each day trying to make more & get bigger and better) She LOVES to follow me around and copy what I do. I do think it is pretty cute all the little things she picks up on. She continues to pick and choose words from her boddler language. Only a mother can translate chheee and mmmo and know she is saying cheese and more. I think she is chincy with her words and tries to use "body language" and when that doesn't work its just screaming and grunting which again only a mother can translate. She attempts colouring on paper and herself (she always seems to find pens to colour on her clothes with ahhh) She is always reaching and whining for things that are off boddler limits. She is a decent workout partner. I knew I got those 2lb weights for a reason they are perfect for her. She totally mimics my moves. When I try to do push ups she bends down & gets right in my face and either grunts or laughs at me. She is the perfect little side kick for now.

Being naked is a major highlight everyday. It is like the ultimate freedom, she thinks she can run away from me even faster.
I love that chores aren't really chores. The beauty of this is she is actually cleaning too! Chores are like games to her she sees the vacuum and starts running- "chase me, chase me" Laundry is another favorite of hers & mine too. I am waiting for the day I dread laundry, but so far I really like it, I do it every Monday and I'm done. Maybe with more kids it will change.

She loves to get as close as possible to all the animals at the zoo, pretty funny and a little gross.

Here she is learning 2 things: patience and hot. While she watches and waits for the cookies to bake.

Chocolate I love she loves it, I rarely go a day without chocolate in some form. mmm chocolate pudding.

And here is what I made from the month of January. Each month just a quick collage I can print off in a picture. I did family ones from last year surprisingly its mostly lot of pictures of Sadie.

Little side note I dropped Ryan off today and then went grocery shopping, I was there like 1 minute before it opened & the crazy thing is I was not alone people were standing outside the door waiting to get in. I was back home before 9:00 and was already done grocery shopping and Sadie down for a nap. Weird?! but nice. ahhh gonna be a good one.

12 comments:

LindsayB said...

you know you got those 2 pound weights because you can't lift the 5. and if sadie keeps working out she'll be able to beat you in an arm wrestle too! i got that much done and still slept until 8. we were barely having breakfast at 9.

Anonymous said...

It was the same thing at Wal-Mart everyday when I worked there... people just waiting to get in at 8:00 or maybe they wanted to see the lame cheer. Cute pics
Brooke

Jessica said...

I like your monthly collage idea very cute!

Just Rhonda said...

that is a GREAT word! What book are you reading?? You know we are like Lindsay around here. Sadie naps when Alden is just eating breakfast!

Alysha Sladek said...

oh my goodness! she is adorable!!!! i'm so glad your finally posted!

Carla McDaniel said...

susie, i think sadie is the cutest. when i saw the pic of her and the vaccum, i busted a gut laughing. only because it reminded me of all three of my children doing the same at about the same 'bobbler' stage sadie is in.

Jacklyn said...

here's to the boddlers I totally have one too. Your little boddie (can I say that one?) is too cute!

Rashelle said...

Although it keeps you busy, I think it is a fun age to be at and laugh at all the things they do. I can't believe how early you get up with Sadie, I don't think I would survive.

Jaime said...

I don't know how you function getting up that early! At least you are getting stuff done.
The collage is cute too.

houseofhud said...

It tires me to hear that you are getting up earlier than I am. How do you do it?

Oler Family said...

I love the January collage...really cute! She is so adorable. I love Lindsay's comment about the arm wrestle.

McCandless Co. said...

you do a really great job with your pictures...must be a little clayne in ya!! I can't believe that she is already a boddler..that made me chuckle just typing it.