Wednesday, February 18, 2009

seriously so cute

We headed down south for the weekend, for some family and fun. It was crazy, exhausting, super fun, caught up on sleep, lost sleep, and hung out with family. Honestly from the minute Sadie and I got there it felt non stop, even though it really wasn't.

Congrats to my cousin Haley who got married to Wes on Valentines Day. They were a cute couple and she looked AMAZING her dress was perfect. I wish I had a picture of them she was absolutely gorgeous.

Besides the cute newly wed couple, James & Sadie were my next favorite. Sadie was totally keeping up with the rest of the crew this weekend, she did not need me to take her around. She was quite good at running around screaming with the others, finding the candy dish, discovering and trying to get into things she shouldn't be. It was a good thing that they were so dang cute because when they weren't they were keeping us busy chasing and entertaining them.
Here they are stealing the show.

Can you see why I can't get enough of these 2.


Honestly never once did we try to make them dance, hug or kiss. These too (usually James instigates) did it all on their own.


My dad is quite the entertainer with the kids. He loves pulling out the movie trailers for the kids to watch. All the kids know who to go ask if they want to watch one. When your only there for a weekend grandma and grandpa will give you just about anything. This weekend the list included, movie trailers upon request, chocolate in bed, unlimited Wii, snuggles and playtime even from midnight till 2, sugar cereals, no car seats in Raymond, and lots of treats if that's what it takes. My parents are the best grandparents really the adore everyone of their grandkids.
My dad put my mothering cuddling skills to shame when he got up and stayed up with Sadie and somehow magically got her to fall asleep in his arms after my 2 hours of failed attempts. I am so lucky, what a great dad, to give up his sleep for me.

Side note directed to Lindsay It becomes very difficult to watch your kids at your house when you leave a spare key; out of my reach, frozen to the metal, and non working. Hope you had fun in Vegas!

12 comments:

lynz said...

yes...i can definitely see why you can't get enough of thoes 2! you steed girls make the cutest babies :) and your husbands too i guess!

Just Rhonda said...

Those pictures of Sadie and James are SO CUTE! :) It was fun to be in Ray-town together!

Rashelle said...

It was great to see you at the wedding this weekend, I'm so glad you were able to come. It seems like we don't get to see each other as much any more. Sadie and James are sure cute together.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Oh those pictures are so cute!!

Alysha Sladek said...

sadie's so grown up! they sure are cute together. sounds like you had a fun time.

Jaime said...

James and Sadie are so cute!! And lucky you for having such a great dad to get up with Sadie. I bet the sleep felt great!

ashley b said...

What a cute post Susie. Your pictures of James and Sadie are darling! You should have called me and you could have come here with the kiddies!

houseofhud said...

Definitely too cute!

LindsayB said...

i'm not sure how i'll ever repay you!!! i guess i should have paid attention to that thought that i should just give you the garage door opener. someday we're gonna have to break it to james that he can't marry sadie. not gonna lie, i'm a little sad i missed all the fun, just a little...

Ashley Dawn said...

AWWWWW, those two are SO cute. I'm glad you had so much fun. I loved your side note to Lindsay...

Oler Family said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures of Sadie and James are adorable! That is so cute that they just do that on their own! Your dad sounds like The Baby Whisperer!!

Brittany said...

Such cute pics...you really do such a good job on them...James and Sadie what a cute pair. Next time you are not so busy make sure you give me a call or just stop by! Actually looking at the pics I think James and Sadie look tons alike!