Monday, March 16, 2009

another year

So I had a birthday on Wednesday but the celebrations seemed to go on and on, by the way I'm not complaining. This is the short play by play of it all.
My birthday started off with a sweet early morning birthday kiss and then I drifted back to sleep to nearly 8:00. Is that not the best way to start a birthday. Thank you thank you Sadie for the best present you could've ever given me a super duper sleep in (little did I know I would be getting some calls in the wee hours on the weekend)

Simone got me the most delicious crave cupcakes. If you've had them you know what I'm talking about & your totally drooling and CRAVING one right now. So my birthday wish was to eat them all and not gain a pound, good wish eh. I decided to be a year older and smarter too so I gave in and shared them yummmm.

A visit from my neighbor, Allaina who brought me some beautiful flowers. Just what I needed remind me that spring really is coming. If I stay in my house it is here I can just smell the spring flowers and bask in room temperature. She also babysat Sadie (last minute) thanks a million. I know don't I live by the best neighbour ever.

I met Ryan downtown and we went out for dinner just the 2 of us! It was great food and a good time.

Then I went out with a bunch of girls to the movie He is Just Not That into You. Which also included a little chorus of Happy birthday before the show! Thanks girls. What a late night, yikes I'm getting old he he.

On Thursday Sadie & I headed south for more parties & celebration. Lindsay planned a little party with a few girls down there. Of course fabulous food and treats and fun girl chat.



We are so happy about the sunny and nice weather. But with blonde and bald heads its almost like a white out in these pics.

Friday was the pool party with the kids. How fun Sadie, James and Alli loved swimming. It pretty much wiped the rest of us for the rest of day. Saturday we had birthday dinner and cake (finally Alli had been wishing me a happy birthday since Wed and hadn't seen any cake yet)

Saturday we headed into Lethbridge for the moonlight run. Lindsay, my dad (last minute sub) and me ran it. It was seriously a lot of fun. I've never run in a race with that many people, its kind of exhilarating and a whole lot of runner energy. And with so many people it felt awesome to pass so many people- even if they were walking.


A shout out to Ryan's dad who's birthday is today and my sister in law Carrie tomorrow. So yes we HAD to have cake and such again to celebrate.

There is this project 52 that started out in the blog world. I decided to join so here is week 1 (thanks Linds - I'm gonna have to master the timer if I want to keep it up)


I took some for Lindsay - I don't know if this is the one she'll use so I am posting it anyways. She is such a fun mom -not just when the camera is around. I just love the eyes closed hug with her 2 kids. I'm sure here kids are doing the same thing- hugging with all their might.
I'm never one to really get to hung up on age and the numbers. I seriously don't feel like I am 29, but the number don't lie. I even like it when I hear I don't look it either. I guess I am pretty happy and content with life right now. So I am just living my life. I'm ready to make the most of this year as it is my last year in my twenties. So I have lots of plans to really live it up and just be happy. Thats what its all about right -that and chocolate!

I'm off to do more laundry, cleaning and packing. I don't even know where to begin. I am on the countdown I have 10 days left to pack for 3 months.

10 comments:

Rashelle said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fun time. Good luck with the packing, I am sure it will all be worth it.

Ashley Dawn said...

What a great birthday!! I'm glad it was full of celebrating. Good luck with all the packing. It'll be such an amazing experience....so jealous. Make sure to do a lot of broadway!!

lynz said...

happy birthday susie! sounds like you had a fun filled weekend and super cute picture with sadie :) it's crazy how it's so much easier and more natural to be behind the camera eh?!?

Just Rhonda said...

Happy B-Day!!! We'll have to hang out this week (and CUTE pic of you and Sadie!)

houseofhud said...

Glad we could help make your birthday special!

Project 52...I might be lucky if I'm in a couple pictures a year. What a good idea. I was going to say maybe we should take eachother's pictures of us and our kids every week but you are leaving:( I'm going to miss our chats and hang-outs over the next 3 months! I hope Sadie doesn't forget who we are!!! What an experience though. Why don't you bring Sadie over to play while you pack.

LindsayB said...

ah, what a great weekend. out next extended weekend is gonna be even BETTER! can't wait. now i know where alli gets her closed eyes hugs from, who knew?

Alysha Sladek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We'll do Cora's when I get down and you're back from NY!

Melissa said...

happy birthday! it sounded like a great week full of celebration. i believe everyone should celebrate all week and eat lots of cake. have fun in new york you just might find me on your door step!!!

Life Is Golden said...

Happy happy birthday! Are the rumors true? New York? Really? I'm thrilled for you! It will be such an amazing experience.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!! Have fun in NY