Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Checking In...

I debated even putting up a post because I have no pictures yet. But I thought I would drop a quick line to all my blog readers out there. We made it here with no problems. And it is seriously Amazing. Already, I don't even know where to begin. We've only been here 5 days & I feel like its been forever, mostly because we have seen, and done and WALKED so many places. It's crazy here. I can't believe we are right in the mix of things here in New York we are minutes from times square, Broadway, central park and Ryan's work (too bad somebody has to work) We are loving it, and trying to make the most of it. I can't believe how different life is here for us, living in a studio apartment, getting groceries on foot all the time, everyday is a new adventure and I think it will be for the next 3 months. Although some days I try to pretend I'm a local and fit in here it worked people asked ME for directions.
Really hoping I can upload some pictures onto this computer this week, but you really have to be here and see it to know what it is really like. I'm still blown away. I still can't get over the fact that I go out in this city by myself with Sadie or at night by myself., like really ME? Yep, I feel so lucky. I'm jealous of myself.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

susie! this is so awesome. i have been in boston for grad school and now work since 2005. i am headed to nyc this weekend because my family came to visit for the first time. nyc can be so fun eh? how long are you there for? so excited for you!

xo

Christy said...

I was honestly just thinking about you today... wondering what you are doing and what life is like there. Sounds like you are having an amazing experience and I'm sure there's lots more to come! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures and see some pics! Have fun!

Jordana said...

Susie, you are making me so jealous! I love NYC and my sister lives there right now, I bet central park is gorgeous in the spring! Look for a place called Au Bon Pain to eat at. I'm not sure how to describe it, it's kind of like a little chain cafe, but we loved it, we ate there almost every day while we were there! It's not anything different, but a good standby.

Life Is Golden said...

You're so funny! I love. how much you love. the city. We're just finishing off here in San Francisco and it will honestly break a piece of my heart to leave. It's really too bad you didn't end up on this side of the on the same coast... would've been fun.

-Just wait until you start hitting those Sat. farmer's markets... the fresh food and flowers are amazing!

Sim said...

wow! that's all i can say...i am SO jealous! i need to see pictures and hear more about it! how amazing and exciting for you guys...enjoy every minute of it (i'm sure u will!!) we miss you!!

Carla McDaniel said...

yeah...you arrived safe and sound!!! i am so jealous of you too...in a good way! i think it's great you are having a good time. how could you not being there enjoying all that new york has to offer.
i can't wait to see some pictures and to hear all about your stay there. enjoy it!!!!!

Ashley Dawn said...

Holy smokes. I'm so jealous. You're just right in the thick of it all?? Amazing!! Can't wait to see pictures (as that is all of NYC that I will be able to see for quite some time). Keep us all posted back here in the quiet of Alberta.

Oler Family said...

I am so jealous! I'm dying to see some pictures! I can't believe that you are living in NYC!! That is so crazy!

LindsayB said...

i'm so excited to go! can't wait for the pics!

whitney said...

Can't wait for pictures! Have so much fun for the rest of us stuck here in unexciting SA!

Alysha Sladek said...

i'm soooo excited for you! can't wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

ohhh ahhhhhh- pics friend pictures!
Miss ya!