Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oldies

A while back I was tagged for 6 Random things about me. So here it goes only I don't feel like talking about me so I am doing 6 random things about me and my siblings. They are all pretty random and not all that exciting. I have included some very random pictures throughout for your viewing pleasure.


Growing up I always thought my brother Ryan was so cool because of the music he listened to and how loud. I'm sure I looked forward to the days he dropped me off at school way more than he did. I wonder sometimes what he would be his music of choice now. I hope it wouldn't still be Depeche Mode.

Whenever we were on a family vacation where there was a pool there were swimming races at some point. And without fail I would go up against my brother Peter, who I am pretty sure never went that far in swimming lessons, against me who was one or 2 courses shy of becoming a lifeguard. Every time without fail my Dad would put his money on me for the win- seriously. Even though I'm pretty sure not once did I beat him, (my form was probably impeccable though) Not that wins races or saves lives.

I'm pretty sure I was the annoying tag a long sister to Regan for a few good years. When I was in Gr. 1 I got to walk to school with him and his friends (I found out later I was their good deed for the day) When he was in Gr. 4 I would hunt him down on the playground and harass him and his friends for piggybacks and just be annoying I'm sure.


I always thought it would be funny and awesome if I beat my sister Lindsay in a race. I think I missed my chance when she ran 6 weeks post James' birth. I would've whooped her if I wasn't 7 months preggo myself. If you know Lindsay winning is a BIG DEAL, just slightly competitive.

Brooke always the cutest getting load of attention as the baby of the family- despite what she might say. We went through a phase where we were best buds -were still friends now too. She copied everything I did. When we went out to eat (still can't believe my parents took all 6 kids out-insane) she would just want what I was having, until one day I was done with it & I said I'll have whatever she is having.



I'm not even gonna comment on the oldie pictures, they still crack me up. I guess I'll leave it open for laughs and mockery... but I will point out that I don't think mine or Lindsay's or Brooke's hairdos changed for the first 13 years of my life.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Now i know where you get your white hair from. I'm so jealous.

Jacklyn said...

I can't even describe the joy that the first picture gave me I LOVE the surfer cuts when they weren't curled hahahah and The one of just you and Lins looks just like sadie. That was such a cute post. And I also thought that Ryan was the end all be all of music!!

Just Rhonda said...

loved this post. I'll make reg read it. He'll love it too. :)

whitney said...

I love the Steed pictures. THE BEST EVER! The hair cuts, the short shorts. So classic. But also you can totally tell how much fun you all had together. And how happy your momma is to be a momma to you all.
Of course Sadie looks like you, but man does Ali look a lot like Lins!

LindsayB said...

i don't even know where to begin. this is the best post! our hair cuts were a memory all on their own. any bets for the race next weekend? i wonder who dad will put his money on. also, i still like depeche mode.

Candice said...

How fun was that? Almost made me cry! Your family is one of the greatest. Of course, I think Ryan had great taste in music...he was my very first bestest friend...EVER! :-) Where he's at there is probably something even better than Depeche Mode.

Jaime said...

I can't get over all the white hair!! You guys must have some looks when you all when out together. I always thought Sadie looked like Ryan, but now when I see pictures of you when you were little, I can see lots of you in her too!

Brittany said...

Honestly you guys all were such whities!! K so I always thought that alli was derek but I totally see Linds in her, and you and sadie look so much alike. Your mom looks way to good in these pics to be a mother of 6. So fun to read!!

Alysha Sladek said...

those pictures are awesome! love the blond hair!!

houseofhud said...

Look at all those blondies!!! Love it. I wish I knew your family better but you seem like a very close family. Those pictures made me crack up even though I don't know the rest of your family!

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, and people say that Kienna's hair is really blonde....haha. I love that picture of you and Lindsay. It's not hard to see where Alli and Sadie get their looks from.

Brandy said...

oldies but goodies... i love the pics. and sadie is so cute! i love her workout!

Caylee said...

That was awesome, how fun to see you guys the way I remember most of your siblings! I agree Depeche Mode, SO Ryan and still so cool! ;) I think I can still dig up some sweet mix tapes with them, and Erasure.... ah yeah!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I always thought that Ryan had the coolest taste in Music. I still hear Depeche Mode and think of him. Should I be embarassed to admit I have a few of their CD's and still listen...?
I love all the oldie classic "Steed" photos!!!!!