Tuesday, March 24, 2009

what to do

Ahh the final countdown we are almost outta here.  New York he we come.

What will I do when I don't have to think about what to pack and what not to pack. -Ryan said pack less you can buy whatever there.  He may regret that in weeks to come.
What will I do when Sadie can only run around 700sq feet or something small like that? feeling sorry for us yet?
What will I do when I get bored of walks in Central park....? Really
What will I do when my family & friends come to visit and expect me to entertain them non stop ... like where will I take them, what will they see?
What will I do when it's Sadie's bedtime but she refuses to sleep in the city that never sleeps?
What will I do when Ryan goes to work at 9:00 and comes home at 5:00?
What will I do when the cleaning lady comes to clean my apartment every week - oh poor me
What if Sadie wants a nanny like all the other kids? 
What if I get sick of shopping?
What if we don't want to leave?
What if I am carrying all my groceries home on foot and Sadie has a meltdown?
What if I become addicted to Broadway shows?
What if toilet paper costs 3x more in New York?
What if I see a rat...
What if I lose 5lbs walking EVERYWHERE?
What if I gain 10lbs stopping at every bakery, hot dog, pizza stand and all the fancy fine dining?
What if Ryan sees enough baseball games to last a lifetime?
What if I buy too many shoes or purses?
What if we wanna go back again and again?
What if someone pinches me and this isn't all a dream?

You don't feel sorry for me... ?  Sounds like I have a pretty rough life eh?  Okay its the adventure and opportunity of my life.  I can't hardly wait to get there and see and do everything there is to do.
We are flying out tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'll have a hard time really sleeping tonight, it's ok times like this I don't mind giving up my sleep.





17 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I am green with envy!!

New York is so awesome. What a fantastic experience you will have. You have to promise to spend all your free time exploring everything.

And I love the hot dogs there. And the pretzels.

PS. I have yet to come up with a slang name for New York. The city may just be to sophisticated for one.

Christy said...

It all sounds so exciting! Have a great trip!

Jaime said...

It sounds like you will be living in the lap of luxury!! Have so much fun there, can't wait to see your updates!

Anonymous said...

soo exciting take lots of pictures! Miss you already!

Oler Family said...

I am so excited for you, and quite jealous! You are going to have a blast! You are never going to want to come back! What an adventure!

Sim said...

sooooooo jealous, it is not even funny! It will be so amazing for sure! hmmmmm....what if bella misses her bff too much and needs to come visit...hmmmmmm....

Ashley Dawn said...

Holy Smokes. I can't believe it's today!! What a phenomenal opportunity. Live it up and do everything on Broadway so you can tell me what is good, k? I'm SUPER jealous.

Candice said...

Sounds AWESOME Susie, are you going for Ryan's work? Have fun & I can't wait to read NYC posts! I'll live vicariously.......through you......and NEW York. Did you know Jeff Depew is there? (I don't know fo how long).

LindsayB said...

you're not gone are you? i thought you were leaving on thurs. i just called you, oh heavens, how many days till i talk to you again?! what is going on?!

eat a hot dog for me.

Jordana said...

I *heart* NYC!! That is so cool, you guys will have a blast. My sister lives there and loves it!

Jessica said...

Maybe we will have to get together for a day we will be in Baltimore in a few weeks which is 2 hours away. Matt and I went there last summer and I cant wait to go back!!

The Bullknitter said...

You're gonna love it. I had 2 kids with 770 sq. ft. If you see a rat, kill it. There are worse things to get addicted to than Broadway shows. It's gonna be awesome. Central Park was the one thing I wanted to see but didn't. Post lots of pics of it for me, k? And have fun. And keep blogging. Ok, longest comment ever. Bye.

Carla McDaniel said...

Susie...you are going to love it. What a great experience for all of you. I've never been and would love to go some day to take in some broadway and do some shopping. Just think...what you don't pack, I'm sure you'll be able to buy there.
Anyways...have a good trip! Keep in touch and fill us in on the great fun you are having.

Alysha Sladek said...

i am SOOOOO excited for you!!! you better keep this blog updated all the time!!! have fun!

Jacklyn said...

All I can say is bratty bratty brat brat

Amanda Palmer said...

Too funny...you will have sooo much fun!

Mindi said...

I just had to comment on 1 thing you said about Ryan leaving at 9am and coming home at 5pm, try what my husband currently does at leaves at 9:30am and gets home at 10:15pm. You will love New York though!