Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Guess What?

Suprise ... we have friends!


Thanks to this cool girl. She, I mean WE have some great friends.
I read this somewhere & was sure someone had been watching Sadie play not so well with others. It's good to know that there are other toddlers out there that have this same MINE attitude...right?!

8 rules of toddler play
1. if i like it - it's mine
2. if it's in my hand - it's mine
3. if i can take it from you - it's mine
4. if i had it a little while a go - it's mine
5. if it's mine it must never appear to be yours in any way, shape, or form!
6. if i am doing or building something - all the peices are mine
7. if it looks like mine - it's mine
8. if i think it's mine - it's mine


It is a really good thing that so far Sadies little friends are younger than her and totally roll with her little attitude. The other girls just give in and give her what ever she wants. Her best defense so far is to scream, which doesn't seem to bad. But it's really turned into more of a shriek and I don't blame them for giving into her toddler ways and just walking away.
Cody is always slightly outnumbered when we get together with these guys. But Sadie really LOVES playing games with him too. I'm happy to let him chase Sadie around, he totally knows how to get her going.

Mylee is catching up to Sadie very quickly, so Sadie better look out. I love that Sadie gets excited when she sees Mylee and just points and smiles at her. I don't usually try to take pictures of Sadie being a bully to other kids, but I guess it happens. You would think this is Sadie's bottle by the way she is pulling it away and guarding it. AND oh the dirty looks she can give ... look out. Mylee looking so so innocent.

Jaden is so sweet to these girls. Especially to Sadie I mean at least Mylee is her sister so she is supposed to be good to her. Jaden loves to talk to Sadie and follow her around and help her get whatever she wants.

Sadie & Bella are so very cute. Theses 2 will be best friends whether they like it or not. ha ha. I loved these 2 just toting around their blankies and soothers all day, if we let them. If they found each others soother they would carry it over and put it in the others mouth. Please don't tell me I need to let the soother go, it's just too easy sometimes & I kinda think its cute.


Of course it always takes a while to get settled into a new city and all that. I think that having friends around sure makes a difference. I'm so glad that both Sadie & I have lots of good friends close by.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

That's so great that you have so many friends already! We're still working on it here in Raymond....
Sadie looks cute as always, I can't imagine her with an attitude.

Christy said...

I loved reading the 8 rules of toddler play... so funny... so true!!! Cute pictures... Sadie is a doll!

Oler Family said...

That is so funny...I know all of Sadie's friends too! I just met Simone on Sunday. They are all soooo cute!

houseofhud said...

Those toddler rules are SO true! I don't think Cody is considered a toddler any more but they mostly apply to his age as well.

That bow looks hilarious on Mylee. I'm afraid she may not have a good enough shaped head for a bow. Sadie however looks adorable in them.

Bella and Sadie look like two peas in a pod. AND, I don't think I would get rid of Sadie's soother yet. Wait until you get back from NY and get settled!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

KellyLady said...

Those 8 rules are so true and so cute!

Sim said...

LOVE the 8 rules and the pics!! Sadie is soooo cute, a little attitude never hurt anyone! This just means she can stick up for herself! I just KNOW bella loves playing with her, and yes we will FORCE them to be best friends!!

LindsayB said...

love the parents forcing friendships. cute pictures. ready to see you guys!

Christal said...

How cute love the toddler rules so true!!! Sadie is adorable!!

Jacklyn said...

Here's to friend hunting I am in the same boat, it just takes a while. And cute post as always