Sunday, September 27, 2009

First of all......

CONGRATULATIONS!It's official.

We were there to witness the whole thing. Yipee

Ryan is officially a real lawyer. I couldn't be more proud. What a ride! It was only 5 years ago we got married & he was finishing his B.A in Economics and then applying to law school. Look at us now. I'm gonna try not to brag.. like my husband is better than yours and it gets annoying and old real fast. For real though Ryan is a ridiculously hard worker, loves to do a job well (as in perfect), he is always willing to help out, he likes to learn and take on challenges, he is well liked - probably because he almost never turns down a work assignment. They said a lot of good stuff at his bar call and I won't lie it was nice to hear it all. I'm glad I am a part of his accomplishments. The bar call was neat and very official and so it marks the end of an era.
So just a few changes in our life. I like to think I do okay at enjoying each stage in our life (even when we were poor and students -cause looking back that was really fun sometimes). I don't like to wish it all away, thinking life will be better when we have a house, a yard, a kid, real job, no debts, yummier food to eat, more money, the list goes on right? Ryan just finished his year of articling at a law firm. I knew what we signed up for when he started working there, but there were nights I wondered if we could both really keep doing it. I mean the continual suppers we ate alone. Some days we both were counting down the days till this articling year was done, and hoped it would be different when he was a real lawyer. It was a large firm that where he worked on some interesting and challenging deals, but it was also very demanding as far as hours and weekends. He basically didn't have control over when he worked and they wanted him to work a lot. What can I say my husband is a good worker and he does love it.
We also like to spend time together which was tricky to balance. It was when his firm sent us to work in New York that we really realized spending time with family is so important and what we want and you just can't get those precious years back. He loved waking up and playing with Sadie and coming home for supper and being there for bedtime. Our life while we were there was definitely not completely normal but the time we spent together was amazing and we just craved that. So we have made the decision to leave the firm he was at.

He will be partnering up with another lawyer that he has known for a while. Ryan C just started his own firm this last year. This comes with a lot of changes and some uncertainties but we are both excited for the opportunity. They are both very ambitious and dedicated to making a great law practice.
Here he is with his new partner Ryan C and Meghann & I.


I LOVE this picture of these 2.

And I love this little series of Sadie.


What do ya know. He doesn't really start work till next week so he is off on a little golfing excursion. Aren't I the best, to just tell him to go off and enjoy it. He already called and felt a little bad for leaving us behind, I'm sure it was just a weak moment and he will have a great time.

13 comments:

Gibber said...

Congratulations to Ryan. Of course everyone knew he would make it. Good luck with Ryan C. Those two will make a great team.

Carla McDaniel said...

Oh Susie,

Conagratulations on Ryan finishing. yipeee!!! long years and much sacrifices, but those years even with the missed time together, you all grew and i know became stronger and closer because of it. it's hard balancing everything. i know even though this new adventure you have all set on with his change in firms will come with some more uncertainty once again, the time you'll spend together matters most of all!!!
i'm sure he's enjoying his gold trip! you are a good wife!!!

Candice said...

Congrats to both you & Ryan! What an accomplishment and exciting time. Sadie is so dang cute....she is a doll!

Jackie said...

Congratulations to Ryan! Good job being the supportive wife! I'm sure if was a long haul!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Ryan is such a hard worker that he will do great at whatever he decides to do.

I love love love Sadies pigtails. Those pictures of her in the doors are so cute.

Shelley said...

"Congratulations" is right! Huge milestone - I'm so happy for you! And I love how Sadie just loves the camera - she could not be any cuter!

Oler Family said...

Yeah!!! Congratulation you guys! I bet it feels great!! Those 2 will be great partners too! And you ARE the best wife in the world...now you need to go somewhere...maybe a shopping spree in E-town!

Mindi said...

That's awesome! Congrats!! It'll be fun with Meghann and Ryan. Cute pics of Sadie!!

Jess said...

Congratulations guys. That is so exciting. Good luck with the new business endeavor. Sadie is still totally cute.

Dorienne said...

Congrats! I'm happy for you guys.

lynz said...

awww congrats sus! that's so exciting to enter the working world completely and congrats to you guys for making it through still happy and family oriented at the end :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I bet its so good to be done. Hey, what about this b-day party that may Lins need a nap on the way home?
Brooke

Ashley Dawn said...

HOORAY FOR YOU!! It's good to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. They really DO get admitted to the bar. Jarett might be articling at Peterson Shields as well, we shall see. He'll be getting to know my Dad better there too, I guess. What a great set up for Ryan (both of them). Way to go!