Tuesday, September 29, 2009

She's 2




Wowee Sadie turned 2 this last week. Happy Birthday Sadie. She loved it all, especially the fact that some celebrating got spread out from her birthday to the weekend. She is full of twotitude. I still laugh a little at the 2 year old tantrums. You know when her arms start flailing and her wrists go floppy, and the screaming crying begins, but mostly they are gonna get old real quick.
On her birthday we had a fun play date with some friends and Sadie loved the "pardee, take, bawoons"
On Saturday we had both her grandparents here and Lindsay came and brought Alli & James too. The party was a hit.


The kids went on a little treasure hunt, they loved it. It was just what they could handle and enough running around to burn a some energy. Here there are looking for clues and then finding the treasure. As fun as it is in my head to go all out for birthday parties, I know myself & it's hard to go to crazy when I usually leave it to the last minute, and really it's all the same to a two year old. Low expectations means less disappointment right? So for now I am all about less is better.

At first I was shocked that they were really listening to me, awaiting the 1st clue.




Sadie at 2 in a few words or less.
She is still tiny to me, I carry her around probably more than the average 2 year old I'm sure. I guess that is the perk of only being 22lbs. She is quite a little chatterbox at times, and can request all sorts of crazy things. If she sees ketchup she must have it, she insists on cold fridge water right before bed (yes she knows the difference, I tried). I'm starting to lose the what to wear battle on some days. Breakfast is her best meal of the day, she actually eats it! She gives a good cheesy smile when she wants to. She hates getting her teeth brushed, it's a funny little game she plays to avoid it. If Ryan is home she almost always insists he reads to her and puts her to bed. She loves to colour. She loves her little people and her baby. Her lack of hair and her not even wanting me to touch it stresses me out some days, lame I know. She loves the little friends she has to play with. What more can I say she is growing up more everyday and we love everything about her.

14 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I can't believe that she's 2!! Holy smokes, time flies! What a fun way to celebrate - with your cousins. Those tantrums will get old WAY too quickly and won't go away until the terribly 3's make them get even worse!

Mindi said...

Susie, I LOVE the new picture of you guys on your blog! Where was it taken? Love it! Sadie is so cute. Jack loves getting his teeth brushed, and also throws the twotrums! I think it's funny too! She's a doll!

Alysha Sladek said...

happy birthday sadie!!!

Carla McDaniel said...

2 years old...she is getting so big.
Happy Birthday little Sadie!!!!
BTW-love the new look of the blog. Looks great :)

LindsayB said...

can 3 kids get any blonder?! love it. the pic with all 3 of them and sadie gathering them in or whatever is a funny. and that soother pic with james...no more he threw them away yesterday.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I can't believe she is two. That went fast!

Happy birthday little girl!!

whitney said...

She is so cute! It goes so fast eh. I can't believe she is only 22 pounds, Finn weighs more than that at one year!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!! She is so darling in all your pictures, especially with her cute little pigtails.
I hear you on the brushing teeth, usually I hold him and pin him and Casey tries to tickle him to get his mouth open so I can scrub fast. I am positive his teeth will rot and fall out!

ashley b said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! What cute pics and cute kids.

Oler Family said...

What a sweet little girl! I can't believe that she's 2 already..i can still see you bouncing on your exercise ball with her in your arms! I love your family picture on your blog..very cute!

Brittany said...

Holy cow....two already, and just you wait until she hits 2 1/2!! What cute little piggy tails she has!! Your pic is super cute of your little fam!

Jess said...

I love two year olds. You just have to laugh with them and the lovely behaviors don't seem so bad somehow. Looks like a fun party.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! I remember when you were pregnant with her, i can't believe it's been 2 years already!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe Sadie is 2. She is so cute.