Tuesday, May 25, 2010

dear sister

I started this post a while ago & I am now getting around to adding some (a lot of pics). I will admit it this is a little sentimental and cheesy, but we all feel that way some days right?


Dear little sister,
I do not think I could have been happier the day you came into our family. I waited and waited a whole 9 months for you to come out of mom's tummy. Since you've been around I have loved you only like I know how too. Whenever you cry I come running or jumping and I try to give you a soother, it usually works. I always say "suuushhh" it works too. If it doesn't work I call for mommy, because I know that is who you want. I always just want to make you happy. I am always quick to let people know that you are my "new baby sister" I just want them to know that we are together and always will be. I ask mom to let me hold you and she lets me because it's important that we are close. I want you to remember, so I ask mom to take lots of pictures of us. As soon as you came home I really wanted to get to know you. I was fascinated with you and liked to check out your 10 little piggies, I check to see when your eyes are open and closed. I know mom will dress up in some matching clothes and it might be cute, but only for so long. One day we will shop together but we might have to tell her we are too old to be matchy. I really am happy to share just about anything with you (including my cracker -which I am told I have to save for later, my cold, even my blankie). Don't worry I will continue to tickle your face, tummy & toes until I get a laugh from you. It is so fun and soooo not getting old having a new little sis around all the time. She is so all over soother control
sometimes nap times are shorter than plannednot afraid of a little diaper changing
getting her dressed

As a mom of 2 girls I really do hope that they are more than just sisters, I hope they are best friends. Maybe it's because I consider myself lucky to have 2 sisters that I have always been best friends with. I know I am lucky that we were and are such great friends. I think I can honestly say we never did have a phase where we did not get along. Fights didn't really exist. Unless you count the time I was a little upset when my sister ratted me out for stealing a box of smarties. The occasional debate when we both liked the same jewellery or outfit shopping and there was only one, or maybe the time when my little sister had her first kiss before me (nope wasn't jealous I snuck out with her he he). So really I just hope that Hannah & Sadie are always there for each other, no matter what. That's just my hope right now. I think they are off to a good start.
We always know how to have a good time!

Dear Big Sister,
I know I am teeny and may seem kinda boring to a 2 year old right now, but I am glad you are my sister. Even though I don't do a whole lot right now, you are always talking to me and trying to share and show me new things. Thanks for trying to "boo" my hiccups away as I seem to get them lots. Mom says that you smoother me sometimes and I need space but really can a baby girl have too many kisses. It is sweet of you to show me your toys and books and even watch t.v with me. I love your goodnight kiss and that you always come running to me in the morning. I know I can count on you. If I get left in the room you quickly come over to see me and are good and keeping me happy. Can't wait to grow up with you.
so none of these pictures are posed but Hannah did have a little help getting into the baby crib

good little multi-tasker
I think I noticed a trend we take a lot of pictures in the morning and evening & Sadie's fav. nightie is obvious

17 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

so cute Susie!! I hope my girls can be friends too.

Jacklyn said...

Sus that was soo cute, I love that Sadie is such a little mom and they will always be best friends even if they hate each other they will love each other too

Just Rhonda said...

ah that was just lovely. It made me a little teary eyed. :)

Jordana said...

Aaw, I always feel like I'm extra sentimental after I've had a baby, that was really cute! Sisters are the best!

Shelley said...

Cute little girls Susie! Summer is the exact same way with Luke - love it!

Stephanie said...

So cute Susie!! You have the cutest little girls!

Em and Tom said...

Love this post. It made me cry, not just b/c Lays doesn't have a sis, but b/c it is so sweet!

houseofhud said...

That's so sweet Susie. I am deciding that I had my kids in the wrong order. haha...Not like I could control that!!! I pray every day that my kids will be best friends regardless!!! One day......

LindsayB said...

awww, this is so cute. they are gonna be great friends. sorry i ratted you out, and sorry i had a kiss before you, but i do recall one other thing i beat you on in the lady department that you never complain about!

and there was never a time we didn't get along because nobody can fight with susie. dear susie your the only girl in our grade i've never hated.

Jaime said...

So adorable, there is just something special about sisters.

H and E said...

Such a cute post Susie, I am so glad things are going well for you and Sadie is adjusting so well. I come from a family with 4 girls and I always say there is nothing like SISTERS, they are my best friends!

lynz said...

sisters are the best! cute blog and cute little play room for your girlies too :) love that sadie's such a good big sister already!

Brooke said...

So cute, I love how serious Sadie is about caring for Hannah.

Jess said...

You are such a great Mom. That was so sweet!

Jenn said...

You speak my heart. That was not cheesy ... it was truly sweet. I even teared up. I want my Sadie to have a sister. You are picture perfect to me. I really admire your stategies in mothering. Crackers saved for another time is truly sweet. Where did you get the beautiful baby furniture set for Sadie?

Ashley Dawn said...

So sweet - what a great post. I had two kids really close together so they could be best friends like I was with my sister. I totally get that! LOVE those letters. What a great idea! I'm glad Sadie seems to be adjusting so well...

Christy said...

Okay, so I'm a little behind on my blog reading but this is the sweetest post. I loved all the little details of how your girls are already interacting with each other. I love having my boys together too and hope that they grow up to be best friends as well.