Monday, May 10, 2010

lucky me


I get to wake up everyday and do what I love. It is what I am meant to do I am sure of it. I can't think of 2 better girls to do it with & the a better husband to have at my side. Most everyday I want to be a better mother, not because yesterday was a failure, but because I always want to be better and can be, and I think these two little darlings deserve it.
It is truly amazing the emotions and things I get to experience all because I am a mom. I love spending my days with my two girls. Being a mom is a title that I am grateful to have. Don't get me wrong I have my days or crazy nights where I wanna throw in the towel (sometimes I do & that's what husbands are for right?) & wonder how we will make it. I know there are those moments where if there is one more meltdown or if she doesn't eat some decent healthy food, or if she doesn't close her eyes and go to sleep right now I am gonna lose it. Then the moments pass and I'm sure my memories will fade. But I remember the times when I hear her around the corner say "nice tush mom" and see them reading a story together, the first smile and I love you with a kiss. Some days I really do think lucky me. Some days I even feel a little bit bad that Ryan goes off to work and I get to go meet up with kids at the park and let the kids play while soaking up the sun and chatting with friends. I choose to be the stay at home mom and he chose to go work (he he lucky me again)

I love my mom. It's days like this I get to stop and appreciate her and all she does. She is an amazing example to me in so many ways. I remember someone saying to me " oh you remind me of your mom" I didn't even ask them to expound, I just took it as such a compliment to me and of course called and shared my news with her. That's what my mom does she listens, she shares every bit of excitement, she is so giving and really just an all around great person to know. I love her for always looking at the bright side of things. I love her for taking the time to 'smell the flowers' with her grand kids. I do LOVE that she was around after Hannah was born and insisted I take afternoon naps and while she snuggled Hannah. I think she is one of the happiest moms I know. I don't know what I would do without her, and I don't know what I would do with out my little girls.
We spent the day with my mother in law. Who is really a fabulous mom, almost too great( in a good way). I say that because I married her son and now I have to try to tame Ryan's expectations sometimes. She worked outside the home, and still managed to have it soo together. She is an amazing cook, so organized, a great quilter, so supportive of her kids. Let's face it she is a lot of things I am not and so from her I can learn a lot. I love her for raising Ryan the way she did, for always being so sweet to me and LOVING her grand kids.
To all the mothers, happy mothers day!

7 comments:

Em and Tom said...

Sweet post Suz. Happy Mothers day to you too! loveya

melissa said...

What a great post! I love your mom too. She was the best growing up! And I'm pretty sure you have the cutest little girls. I laughed out loud at the Tush comment!

Alysha Sladek said...

nice post susie! sounds like you have great women in your life and you're amazing too!

Jackie said...

Susie, your girls are so cute! Being a mom is pretty great. We are lucky! Happy Mother's Day!

Jaime said...

Hannah is so dark! Was Sadie that dark too? Either way, they are both super cute. I also laughed at the tush comment, too funny!

Brooke said...

Such a good mom, and it looks like those 2 sisters will be great friends.

Oler Family said...

You are such a cute mom susie! i miss you!