Wednesday, March 30, 2011

here's the thing



It's not news to anyone who knows my kids that Sadie adores, obsesses, loves, just can't get enough of Hannah EVER. Some proof, I put Hannah down for a nap, 1/2 an hour in Sadie says, "I hear Hannah" said with much anticipation and excitement. me " no you don't babies need sleep." "ughhhh" Sadie. This little back and forth continued for the remainder of Hannah's nap. Sadie would be convinced she heard her, if I would've let her out of my sight I am sure Hannah would've been woken up. In the end I barely won Sadie over when I said we can make cookies. She was not grasping the fact that when Hannah's asleep we can do fun big kid stuff. Yes there has been tears at nap time -not from Hannah. Sadie & Hannah were a part for 2 days and if you would have seen the reunion you would've thought it was a least a week, she was away from Ryan and I too, but she could have cared less. She could not get enough of her she was so hyper and excited and while we ate she kept launching herself across the table to get closer to her. Sadie is getting smarter so she is starting to learn some letters. First letter she learned to write, was none other than the letter "H". I know I get it, it is easier than S. But, up until just recently if asked, "Sadie when is your birthday?" she responded Hannah's birthday is April 18th, she now knows hers too. Ok some concrete proof.

Exhibit A
A couple attempts of writing her name, a bit mumble jumbled but mostly the letters are there.
Exhibit B
Writing her little sisters name
All the letters all in a row all the same size. hmmmm
I wonder which name she writes more of.
the funny thing about this time she wrote Hannah she actually started backwards and wrote it, but no matter it all turned out the same right. ahhh the palindrome.

If I deny Hannah something don't worry I'm pretty sure her big sis will come through if she gets the chance. Thanks to Sadie when I am not looking Hannah has had cookie, brownie and some chocolate and that is just in the last week.
It was brought to my attention a little while ago, that all of this is not normal. What? When Hannah was smaller and Sadie still showed her love in crazy 3 year old ways, a friend said aren't you ever worried about what she will do, or isn't it exhausting? My answer nope. Seriously once you're around it for like a day it seems completly normal, and I simply can't imagine it any other way. I've said it before but I really do hope they are always like this, and just love each other to pieces. Sadie calls Hannah her best friend, and she already has plans that when Hannah gets bigger they will share a room. I think Hannah even misses the in her face baby talk and constant entertaining if Sadie is ever gone. Just a sampling of what life is like with these 2 sometimes. How did I get soooo lucky?

7 comments:

motherofangels said...

I think it is very normal and very cute!! My kids are like that with each other. Tommy will sneak Kyla treats and get her out of time out. And Kyla goes into Macy room and wakes her up just to play with her :(

I wouldn't have it any other way either!

Alysha Sladek said...

I think it's so sweet how much she loves and dotes on her. WAY better than fighting over things, right?

Rashelle said...

I am impressed with Sadie's letters. It is so cute how much she likes Hannah.

houseofhud said...

Sadie's writing is about as neat as my 6-year-old's! I think it is so cute to see Sadie's LOVE for Hannah. I wish my kids would react that way to each other!!!!

H and E said...

I think it is so adorable how much she loves her little sis. I wish I was brave enough to have my kids that close because i know they would love it, but I just can't do it.

P.S. I want to get together just been one of those weeks so we will have to set something up for next week.

Em and Tom said...

I think your little ones want to go on a trip to Washington!

Just Rhonda said...

Man look at Sadie's long hair! It looks great!! I think its super cute! And I agree with Alysha - better than the opposite!