Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Keeping Cool

I have heard the weather updates from friends & family back in Alberta. Not once did I think we were missing out on a thing. It has been gorgeous here, and we are loving being outside everyday. Today was hot again so on our way home from the park we stopped at the fountains in Columbus Circle to cool off. It felt great! You know its hot here when before 11:00 you have multiple sightings of bikinis and guys shirts off. We opted to keep our clothes on and just get wet.



So I guess the old saying; "if you don't like the weather in Alberta, just wait 5 minutes" isn't holding true as of lately. While I've been here I've learned my own about New York "if you don't like the smell (there are many nasty ones) just walk 10 steps."

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm jealous, I can't wait for that kind of weather up here!! I've said it before, but Sadie is seriously one of the best dressed kids I've seen-so cute in all her little dresses.

Carla McDaniel said...

yah...you are not missing anything out here...so jealous of you enjoying the beautiful weather. lucky you!

Mindi said...

So cute! I love her hair...she's such your mini-me! I'm jealous! We've had kinda crappy weather here too, and I'm heading up on Sunday. Sad you aren't there!!

Alysha Sladek said...

jealous of your weather! happy belated anniversary!! glad you guys got a night out!

Jacklyn said...

K I love all of those posts but I'm commenting once. Sooo cute and I can't believe 5 years soo fun! I also love Sadie's dress, the green one. Next time we see each other we will have a bow making party!

Just Rhonda said...

hahaha funny thing to say about the smells. And soon we will be hanging out in NEW YORK! :)