Monday, May 18, 2009

Top Of The Rock

Ahhhh, I just uploaded these pictures backwards, and can't change it. So, here I go in reverse order. Here is me at the end of Mothers Day enjoying a red velvet cupcake from my sweet husband (who thinks it is much better to eat something beautiful and delicious then to stare at at some beautiful sweet smelling flowers). New York has so many delicious bakeries. I'm pretty sure it's not just my sweet tooth self that notices one like every half a block, and I can't resist.
Here is Sadie at supper a true Canadian making her own ketchup chips. It seems these days in New York she can get away with just about anything. As long as she is happy, the rest of us are 2, so whatever it takes, we give.

I forgot that I haven't seen a real sunset in quite a while, or even a star in the sky for that matter. I didn't really notice because I am surrounded by so many other amazing things in the city.

On Mothers Day we went to the Top of the Rock (Centre of the Universe as they refer to it). So here I am with on top of the world with my 2 favorites! Lucky me!

We got a great view of the Empire State Building and the gazillion other buildings here. It is a really amazing site to see and to try to grasp how big this city is and all the people living here. So many of the buildings here have such a cool story and history to them too.


Here we are again Top of the Rock with a view of our backyard (Central Park) -that we share with the million other people in the city.

Here is Central Park. It has got to be one of my favorite things that this city offers. I don't think I could ever get sick of it, EVER! Sadie & I go there all the time and we just love it. There is so much to see and do and discover.

Sadie checking out the city.
I can't believe how big this girl is getting. I can't think of a better girl to push around New York City. She LOVES everybody she sees on the streets and they think she is pretty cute too!


Here Sadie and I are on Mothers Day, just me and my girl that I love. I love being a mom. It really is the greatest thing in my life. I still have a lot to learn about being a mom, and I'm sure I always will. Being a mom is so great because I can honestly say it is probably the hardest and most rewarding thing I will ever do. What an awesome responsibility being a mom is. I love watching Sadie learn, grow and love.
I can't lie being a New York mom isn't just a walk in the park. I knew things would be different here for our little family and I have had moments when I wished I could do it the easy and convenient way. For the most part we are just rolling with things here and really loving this little adventure for now.




7 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

I love how much you are loving New York. You sound so happy! Keep having fun. And Sadie is an adorable little girl (not a baby anymore!)

Carla McDaniel said...

I so enjoy reading your posts on all you are doing in New York. It really shows how much you love being there an taking everything you can in.
Happy be-lated Mother's Day~!!

Just Rhonda said...

So many good shots! Love the one of you three on top of the world! Happy Momma's Day. We'll see you soon!! :)

Mindi said...

So cute! Glad you had a fun Mother's day. I'm sure one day we will all look back on the "student-life, tiny apartments, internships" and be grateful!

Jaime said...

Your hair looks like it is getting super long now, looks great. Happy Belated Mother's day-looks like fun!

Christal said...

What a fun adventure everyday eh! I love your pictures and it just makes me so want to visit NY!! Glad you had a great mothers day!

LindsayB said...

so many cute pictures. esp the one with all three at the top o the rock. however i must say you look a little spent at the end of the day on mother's day. could you bring home a red velvet please?